Gunnar Henderson 2021

Just Regular

On 7/29/2021 at 9:43 AM, Tony-OH said:

Really nice to see Henderson crush a PULL homer. 

I was thinking the same thing.  Before watching video I was thinking it was going out to LF.  Crushed that ball.  Pretty swing.  Wonder if he got a little homer happy after that ball through off his swing a bit. 

25 minutes ago, Chaka Garcia said:

Does Gunnar repeat Hi-A next year or head to Arizona Fall league for more work? Seems to be struggling at this level.

Unless he really heats up over the final month my guess would be repeat High-A. I mean, he’s hitting .200. 

The fall league is a good idea for him. 

19 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

Unless he really heats up over the final month my guess would be repeat High-A. I mean, he’s hitting .200. 

The fall league is a good idea for him. 

This is where they might have to get aggressive even if it looks like he should repeat High A.   We have Coby Mayo who might get promoted to Delmarva soon and if he shows well there, might be appropriate for High A next year at age 20.   We also have Moises Ramirez who at 19 has also done quite well in the FCL.    So, we have 3 young 3B, one is 20, and the other two are 19.   It would be nice if all three were playing everyday somewhere next year.   I always turn out wrong on these things though even before Elias.   Most likely, we see Henderson start next year in High A, with both Mayo and Ramirez sharing time at Delmarva.

4 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

This is where they might have to get aggressive even if it looks like he should repeat High A.   We have Coby Mayo who might get promoted to Delmarva soon and if he shows well there, might be appropriate for High A next year at age 20.   We also have Moises Ramirez who at 19 has also done quite well in the FCL.    So, we have 3 young 3B, one is 20, and the other two are 19.   It would be nice if all three were playing everyday somewhere next year.   I always turn out wrong on these things though even before Elias.   Most likely, we see Henderson start next year in High A, with both Mayo and Ramirez sharing time at Delmarva.

The performance of players under him will not dictate where he goes.  Mayo will be in Delmarva next year regardless of how he shows over a few weeks with the Shorebirds, if he even gets chance to play there.  As for Ramirez the shorebirds can carry two 3B prospects.  They have the DH position and potentially other positions (1B, OF) to get them both in the lineup. 

I’ll worry about Gunnar’s placement when the season is over.  It’s a mystery why he’s gotten so stone cold after being red hot for several weeks, but things could turn around for him again - or not.   He did homer yesterday, so that’s a hopeful sign.  

36 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

The performance of players under him will not dictate where he goes.  Mayo will be in Delmarva next year regardless of how he shows over a few weeks with the Shorebirds, if he even gets chance to play there.  As for Ramirez the shorebirds can carry two 3B prospects.  They have the DH position and potentially other positions (1B, OF) to get them both in the lineup. 

Most likely, we see Henderson start next year in High A, with both Mayo and Ramirez sharing time at Delmarva.

Looks like we agree!