How many games will the Orioles win in 2021?

Frobby

How many games will the Orioles win in 2021?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. How many games will the Orioles win in 2021?

This poll is closed to new votes

Going out on a limb with 71-75.  There's lots of interesting guys.  And the team could get better as the season goes on, especially the pitching.

Edit:  I was excited to see that 20% agreed with me.  Then I realized that only 5 votes were in and I was the 20%.  ?

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, NCRaven said:

Going out on a limb with 71-75.  There's lots of interesting guys.  And the team could get better as the season goes on, especially the pitching.

Edit:  I was excited to see that 20% agreed with me.  Then I realized that only 5 votes were in and I was the 20%.  ?

As orange tinted as my glasses are, I couldn't quite get there. I put the over/under at 69 wins (nice!). Of course, I don't think I have ever set my personal over/under below the Vegas over under (64.5 this year). I am still an optimist.

67-95.

Brutal division and pitching issues. I think we will see stretches where things are ugly and other times we are fun to watch. Just in general I hope the pitching allows the games to be competitive. I honestly don’t know about the arms the second half of the year. It could get worse or better. I hope to see some of the guys at AAA but we can’t assume it will all pan out.

I think carrying all these arms early will allow them to be competitive out of the gate. The lack of depth worries me as the year goes on.   

Joe Trezza predicted 51.

https://blogs.fangraphs.com/effectively-wild-episode-1675-season-preview-series-dodgers-and-orioles/

He also had the tidbit our DR complex is modeled on the Indians one, and is basically right next door.

I do worry a little about 0-21 adjacent stuff happening until some of the better players start to mix in, but at the same time 13 of the first 16 are against Red Sox, Rangers, Mariners teams I think we're competitive with even while we're handcuffing ourselves.   66-70 is my vote.

3 minutes ago, OrioleDog said:

Joe Trezza predicted 51.

https://blogs.fangraphs.com/effectively-wild-episode-1675-season-preview-series-dodgers-and-orioles/

He also had the tidbit our DR complex is modeled on the Indians one, and is basically right next door.

I do worry a little about 0-21 adjacent stuff happening until some of the better players start to mix in, but at the same time 13 of the first 16 are against Red Sox, Rangers, Mariners teams I think we're competitive with even while we're handcuffing ourselves.   66-70 is my vote.

He must think the team ERA will be. 6.50 

I also went 66-70, the early schedule is a little more friendly and there will be a lot of fresh arms filtered in and out, and I think the team will be competitive again in august and September.

Side note: May 11th through July doesn’t look like much fun, except the privilege of booing the Astros for a few days.