John Means 2021

Il BuonO

22 minutes ago, Il BuonO said:

Well, almost ace-like. He’s not a SO guy, so I’m satisfied. This is as about as good as can be expected from Means and I’m happy to be proven wrong if he continues like this.

What would have made it ace like? And to be clear that’s more than as good as can be expected from ANY pitcher on a day to day basis. 

I'm looking forward to chanting "Zero Point Zero" when the Orioles clinch the AL East in September.

I almost forgot how much I enjoy watching baseball. Today was a great game. Means was outstanding, Ruiz made some great plays, Mountcastle with the big hit. And Jim Palmer was cracking me up talking about Joe West and his CD.

• Upvote 1

Feel good cherry pick that closing kick John Means was a Top 10 MLB-wide SP in K-BB% the final four weeks.

https://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.aspx?pos=all&stats=pit&lg=all&qual=20&type=1&season=2020&month=1000&season1=2020&ind=0&team=0&rost=0&age=0&filter=&players=0&startdate=2020-09-03&enddate=2020-09-30&sort=9,d

Let's see if he can wreck Giancarlo's core again this year.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, luismatos4prez said:

I'm looking forward to chanting "Zero Point Zero" when the Orioles clinch the AL East in September.

I almost forgot how much I enjoy watching baseball. Today was a great game. Means was outstanding, Ruiz made some great plays, Mountcastle with the big hit. And Jim Palmer was cracking me up talking about Joe West and his CD.

FACTS.

I missed Palmer in the booth.  Just imagine how great it would have been if it was Palmer and Thorne. 

• Upvote 2