John Means 2021

Il BuonO

13 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Why?

Instead of pretending like you don't know why an O's fan would want John Means to stick around for a long time, you could just present your view on why you'd be against an extension right now. 

I'm not even saying I disagree with you, I'm just saying you don't have to be such a dick all the time.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, interloper said:

Instead of pretending like you don't know why an O's fan would want John Means to stick around for a long time, you could just present your view on why you'd be against an extension right now. 

I'm not even saying I disagree with you, I'm just saying you don't have to be such a dick all the time.

I’m not being a dick.  I’m asking why he wants to sign an extension.  It’s a rather simple question and it wasn’t directed at you, so mind your business.  If I wanted your opinion on it, which I don’t, I would have asked you.

Instead of being a douchebag and being obsessed with everything I say, you could just ignore it.

2 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I’m not being a dick.  I’m asking why he wants to sign an extension.  It’s a rather simple question and it wasn’t directed at you, so mind your business.  If I wanted your opinion on it, which I don’t, I would have asked you.

Instead of being a douchebag and being obsessed with everything I say, you could just ignore it.

In my opinion, you asking why here is obviously performative. You already know exactly how and why you'd argue against an extension, so you're just baiting the guy so you can slam him with what you see as your smarter take on the subject. It's inauthentic and intellectually dishonest to say you're just innocently asking why. IMO. And yes, I know you won't lose any sleep over my opinion. Carry on! 

40 minutes ago, interloper said:

In my opinion, you asking why here is obviously performative. You already know exactly how and why you'd argue against an extension, so you're just baiting the guy so you can slam him with what you see as your smarter take on the subject. It's inauthentic and intellectually dishonest to say you're just innocently asking why. IMO. And yes, I know you won't lose any sleep over my opinion. Carry on! 

I’m not sure I would argue for or against an extension.  I likely  am against it simply because of his age and I don’t like 5+ year deals for pitchers no matter who they are.

OTOh, if Means has found something, I think he could pitch effectively later than a lot because of the type of pitcher he is.

And not baiting him...I’m asking him.  You can have whatever opinion you want, I don’t really care but if you have an issue with me, instead of wasting the boards time with your obsession, feel free to DM me (I’m sure you won’t but the offer is there).

o

Trying to salvage the final game of the series ......

NEW YORK YANKEES )))))) (April 7th)

David John "D.J." LeMahieu - 2B

Gleyber David Torres Castro - SS

Aaron Hicks - CF

Giancarlo Cruz-Michael Stanton - DH

Clint Jackson "C.J." Frazier - RF

Jay Bruce - 1B

Gary Sanchez - C

Giovanny Urshela Salcedo - 3B

Brett Gardner - LF 

Jameson Lee Taillon - RHP )) (2-3, 4.10 ERA) ) * ))) *

* )) [PITTSBURGH PIRATES]

* )) (2019 Season)

https://www.baseballpress.com/Lineups

o

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

Trying to salvage the final game of the series ......

NEW YORK YANKEES )))))) (April 7th)

David John "D.J." LeMahieu - 2B

Gleyber David Torres Castro - SS

Aaron Hicks - CF

Giancarlo Cruz-Michael Stanton - DH

Clint Jackson "C.J." Frazier - RF

Jay Bruce - 1B

Gary Sanchez - C

Giovanny Urshela Salcedo - 3B

Brett Gardner - LF 

Jameson Lee Taillon - RHP )) (2-3, 4.10 ERA) ) * ))) *

* )) [PITTSBURGH PIRATES]