Matt Harvey 2021

Il BuonO

Mediocre outing.  He had some really good moments and certainly made mistakes that got hammered.  Worked out of a jam in the first inning and kept it going.

Overall, I liked the start.  Didn't have his best stuff but came through on some big pitches.  He battled.  He obviously doesn't have the fastball he once did, but his slider can be nasty and can be an out pitch if he gets better consistency out of it.  IMO, that's the one thing that's holding him back.

His second half has been encouraging, though I wouldn't be surprised to see that post ASB ERA keep creeping higher.

Depending on how he ends up this season, I wouldn't be opposed to bringing him back as a 4th or 5th starter for next year if Elias has brought in some other starters.  Harvey as...I guess he's our #2 guy right now....Harvey as a #2 isn't good.  Harvey as a 4th or 5th is fine if he can keep up what he's done in the 2nd half this year.

• Upvote 1