Orioles @ Boston OPENING DAY! 4-2

scOtt

1 minute ago, Tony-OH said:

Why not give Urias a chance? Ruiz's bat is not someone you try at an unknown position.

I was hoping for Urias today.  I agree, Ruiz's bat isn't too special to try him at 2nd base.

Like Bob Uecker says in Major League, some people say that you can tell how the season will go based on the first at bat of the season...looks like we're going to have a squibber of a season...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• While I wouldn’t love a trade involving Basallo.  And would prefer a lesser tier player. I understand that you have to give value in order to get value. And I don’t think we can continue to afford to punt present opportunities for future possibilities (that may or may not come). I also acknowledge what you stated that Miller has a notable injury risk. But I believe you don’t make the shots that you don’t take. IMO Miller would put us over the top in terms of being a WS favorite this year. And if we could pair him with Bautista for a few seasons in the future, the odds would be seriously stacked in our favor in the postseason.
    • They didn't draft him to hit home runs. That said, I think he'll get one out this year. More than likely on the road, given Aberdeen's dimensions, but he's hitting it well now.
    • Big fan of JM.   Even as bad as he was late last year I always thought he was an asset.   Very happy to see him hitting better, and his fielding has never been better.  He looks like a savant out there.
    • Great lineup to be at the game today.  
    • Not as many wins as the Yankees.
    • I don’t disagree with anything you said, my point was that he slipped a bit. Normally you’re right, it wouldn’t matter, great players have bad days. However, with his injury, history, and the fact that he’s always throwing as hard, it is possible for a human to throw, the injury risk lowered the price a bit. A few weeks ago, I posted about the possibility of a Basallo/Miller trade, so I’m definitely willing to acquire him, and pay a lot for him to boot. But the injury risk is real, and, although it’s minor, probably irrelevant, he has slipped a bit recently.  
    • Putting aside results/outcomes for the moment, but To me, Hays has physically looked stronger/faster these last few appearances (even if sporadic usage) rather than his IMO 80% and constantly banged/nicked up.  I see him continuing to get more comfortable in this limited role and be a real asset as weak side platoon and pinch hitting option.
  • Popular Contributors