The second guessing Hyde thread.

Moose Milligan

I do not like Cano against lefties but cannot question Hyde’s decision. We currently do not have the arms to be successful. Blame Kremer, our defense, our third base coach for not stealing Mateo in the 8th. Blame MLB because the Angels fire sale may have very well costed us 2 games with the acquisition of Reynaldo Lopez. 

Edited by Rbiggs2525

We can talk about how Hyde didn’t extend some guys long enough or shouldn’t have brought this guy in but in the end the bullpen pitched 4 and 2 thirds innings and gave up 1 run up until Cano blew the save.  It all worked out for Hyde best it could until the one guy who was rested and should have been pitching the ninth inning did not get job done the rest of the pen did there job but Cano didn’t.  

1 minute ago, Moshagge3 said:

The beleaguered middle relievers: 4.2 IP, 1 ER

Cano, the one guy pitching on two days' rest: 0.1 IP, 2 ER

Just now, bpilktree said:

We can talk about how Hyde didn’t extend some guys long enough or shouldn’t have brought this guy in but in the end the bullpen pitched 4 and 2 thirds innings and gave up 1 run up until Cano blew the save.  It all worked out for Hyde best it could until the one guy who was rested and should have been pitching the ninth inning did not get job done the rest of the pen did there job but Cano didn’t.  

Yep.  

Just now, Moshagge3 said:

The beleaguered middle relievers: 4.2 IP, 1 ER

Cano, the one guy pitching on two days' rest: 0.1 IP, 2 ER

Point being, Hyder actually navigated the Kremer implosion pretty well and handed the ball to his reasonably fresh closer with a lead and the bottom of the lineup coming up. Cano was simply atrocious.

Honestly Hyde is just doing what the stat guys tell him.  He just decides the who and when.  But the whole thing of throwing six different guys a night for three guys a shot is ELIAS.   The numbers must tell them to do this dumb crap.  It probably works when you can rest your pen once in a while.  But going 17 straight games with a basically awful starting pitching with one guy in five going more than five innings.  When this happens and you still throw six guys a night and do it over and over and dont go to an old school technique of letting a reliever go four innings once in a while you get what you sow.  A dead bullpen.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Malike said:

I blame the bases loaded 1 out and coming up small. Blame a million things, it was a lot bigger than Hyde.

Usually when trying to induce a DP you try to get the ball down right?  I may be miss remembering but that pitch was really pretty high.  It was perfect for lofting.  Really a bad pitch.  

1 minute ago, Gurgi said:

Usually when trying to induce a DP you try to get the ball down right?  I may be miss remembering but that pitch was really pretty high.  It was perfect for lofting.  Really a bad pitch.  

There were so many fails, I can't recall them all. This cannot be put on one guy, this might have been the biggest team loss of the season, all of them. 

We just need to weather the storm and find a way to win the division and I believe 500 ball will get it done...17 days in a row is just brutal on the arms but they'll get 5 days rest and be fresh for the playoffs...win the CS in 3 straight and get 3 more days off and then there's enough built in days off to keep the pen fresh