The second guessing Hyde thread.

Moose Milligan

Who knows what happens if Cano and Bautista pitch the 8th and 9th.  Maybe we still lose.  One or both were unavailable. I'm guessing Cano.  Coulombe, Baker, and Baumann haven't been quite as sharp lately.   Atlanta is fielding an all-star at at least 5 positions. We just faced their best two starters. Sometimes you have to hand it to the other team.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

Rest him tomorrow. Try to win now when we have a one run lead. We may get blown out tomorrow 

Cano has 17 IP between AA and AAA, more than any elite backend guy in MLB. He is getting used plenty. Sometimes other guys need to step up. 

16 minutes ago, Ripken said:

Hyde gave this one away.  Terrible bullpen usage.  

People are saying that Hyde got outmaneuvered. Righties had a .649 OPS against Coulombe coming into tonight. He doesn't have the insane numbers that he does against lefties, but it's not like Coulombe against a righty is an automatic hit. 

Danny just made an absolutely awful pitch. When Pillar sees that smiling bird on the opponents' caps he has a whole other level.

Just now, KillerTofu said:

So you’re saying we gamble and possibly lose a game to conserve a pitcher who hadn’t pitched in two days?! Give me a break!

It was decided before the game. He had one day off. 

They made the call before the game was played. You don’t change your mind mid game because the circumstances change. 

10 minutes ago, DirtyBird said:

And Henderson - can’t field a ground ball

Henderson is definitely not a 3rd baseman but for some reason we play our GG 3rd baseman at first who makes that play easily...with Mateo and Holliday on the way Henderson is blocked at his beat position so maybe he should be sent down to learn how to play first or 2nd base

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Frobby said:

It didn’t work out, but I don’t agree.  He clearly didn’t want to use Cano, who pitched two innings on Wednesday.  

Thursday

I know, the days probably all blend together when you're retired.  :)

Edited by SteveA
  • Upvote 1

Just now, eddie83 said:

It was decided before the game. He had one day off. 

They made the call before the game was played. You don’t change your mind mid game because the circumstances change. 

Well, that just goes to show Hyde’s incompetence in managing this bullpen. Two days in plenty for a reliever to rest! Give me a break! 

6 minutes ago, Gurgi said:

Henderson has not looked spectacular at third.  That is somewhat concerning.  At least his throws the last week look better.  

I just personally do not like Hyde.  He does not exude confidence in me.  I wish we had someone different.  I dont want a nice guy manager.   That is for rebuild teams with crap on the roster.   Good teams need a Weaver type.

How do you have a Weaver type manager in todays game?  You can’t argue balls and strike and with replay pretty much can argue those calls either.  I think Hyde would be a good manager if he had 4 20 win starters that went 7 innings plus 100 games a season.  

• Upvote 1