Losing Loewen?

tywright

Well, it appears all my talk the past two days about what a good kid Loewen was just came back and kicked me in the jimmy! (stupid stupid stupid). Its one thing to want to play for your home town, but that would be like me living my whole life within an hour of Baltimore, and calling Orlando home. Loewen lived nowhere near Toronto, unless living in Canada is NEAR Toronto? Plus the fact that the O's have done everything morally correct in this to try and help the kid redevelop and one day maybe become a major leaguer again, only for him to spit on Baltimore and leave town, just leaves a real bad taste in my mouth. And like others have said, what does it say to other players about what kind of franchise the Orioles are? This is bad. The only silver lining is Sonny's comment. Hoepfully this has pissed off Angelos enough to tell MacPhail..."Loewen wants to go home? Well you make GD sure that Tex and Burnett want to come home too! And while you're at it, please tell Mr. Mussina that I'm sorry, and I'd like him to come home now!" :cussing::angryfire:

Good luck Adam....you DON'T know the power of the dark side of the force!

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If Loewen ever makes the majors, he should be plunked on his first AB against us.

The most important part of that quote is in bold. A couple of guys on my softball team are ex-college baseball players, and they don't think Loewen is going to be able to pull off Ankiel II.

I'm sorry to see him go...but I'll be a whole lot less sorry if he isn't able to pull off this long-shot comeback.

Wow, that's a crappy thing to do. The O's sure got screwed over in this mess. :(

BTW-Since he's from the west coast, aren't the Mariners closer to being his hometown team than Toronto!? That's an odd reason IMO but maybe its just that he followed the Canadian baseball teams instead. :confused:

Why does everyone care? Even if Loewen shows he can hit there's no doubt in my mind he'll hurt himself before he ever accomplishes anything. Now he not only has an gimp elbow but he has bad karma, too.

You are forgetting the Orioles' bad karma, which probably means Loewen will turn out to be an all-star.

Why does everyone care? Even if Loewen shows he can hit there's no doubt in my mind he'll hurt himself before he ever accomplishes anything. Now he not only has an gimp elbow but he has bad karma, too.

Trust me. We are the die hardest of the die hards, and when this thread goes to 30 pages in the next day or so, you will completely understand why we all care!

This must be payback from when the O's snatched Jay Gibbons off of Toronto's roster. :D

Seriously though, I am in shock that Loewen would leave like this after the O's bent over backwards to help him. I am equally shocked that MacPhail didn't realize this was a possibility. I agree with the other posters that they should have started Loewen's rehab after resigning him. I am flat out disgusted by this turn of events. The ineptness of this organization just astounds me. Can we please find some players who want to be here before they are washed up bums?

This must be payback from when the O's snatched Jay Gibbons off of Toronto's roster. :D

Seriously though, I am in shock that Loewen would leave like this after the O's bent over backwards to help him. I am equally shocked that MacPhail didn't realize this was a possibility. I agree with the other posters that they should have started Loewen's rehab after resigning him. I am flat out disgusted by this turn of events. The ineptness of this organization just astounds me. Can we please find some players who want to be here before they are washed up bums?

How anyone can blame the Orioles for THIS one just amazes me. I guess some people will blame Angelos and the Orioles brass for anything, no matter how big a miscarriage of justice the player pulls on us.

I agree with the other posters that they should have started Loewen's rehab after resigning him.

Perhaps they wanted to see whether there was any realistic chance that he could cut it as a hitter before they committed to paying him money to try to make the conversion. Nothing wrong with that.

Archived