April 13: Doubleheader Game 1 vs Mariners (7 innings)

SteveA

Just now, spiritof66 said:

How about moving Trey out of that 2 hole for a guy less prone to erase Mullins? Or is leaving him there part of seeing how guys do in certain roles, as opposed to trying to score more runs?

Fluke of the numbers today. I want him right where he is. Or even 3rd.

3 minutes ago, spiritof66 said:

How about moving Trey out of that 2 hole for a guy less prone to erase Mullins? Or is leaving him there part of seeing how guys do in certain roles, as opposed to trying to score more runs?

I mean he’s our best hitter. Best hitter should bat second

Just now, SteveA said:

Silver lining.   We probably get another inning out of Means and only have to use one inning of relief in Game 1.   Lots of fresh pen for Game 2.

Meh. We have 14 pitchers. And plenty of replaceable parts. We should be able to cover a DH the day after a rain out better than most teams. 

Just now, scOtt said:

Fluke of the numbers today. I want him right where he is. Or even 3rd.

I generally don't care who bats where. But Mullins is getting on base A LOT, and Mancini is a prime GIDP candidate: RHed pull hitter, hits the ball hard, not fast. Hitting into all these DPs can't be helping him. Move him to 3rd or 4th or 5th.

Just now, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

With no Hanser Alberto around Trey is the best choice for the 2nd in the lineup. Would also consider Hays (except he is always hurt) or Mountcastle for that spot. 

Mountie might not be bad. I like some speed in the 2 hole.