May 5: afternoon rubber match in Seattle with Means on the mound

SteveA

It's very quiet in my office.   I'm glued to this screen, having given up any pretense of getting any work done in the next 20 minutes or so.   When I see the strikeouts or outs come up on Gameday I have a hard time keeping quiet and now clapping my hands or yelling something out.

1 minute ago, O's84 said:

Probably cost him 10 pitches.

Yeah, that's a good estimate.

Normally it's pitches that are just off the plate that are getting called for strikes.  But not in this case.   I really can't remember seeing so many blatant strikes that were called balls.

8 minutes ago, SteveA said:

But that's irrelevant because you lose a PG on an error.   As I noted earlier, I remember Jerry Reuss missed a PG because of an error by the Dodgers SS.

I’m unsure. I see a definition that says “if no one reaches base” and another “if you set everyone down in order” which I think technically happened on the second one.

Dont think it should be a PG, but I wonder if this has ever happened before

If Hyde pulls Means, I will hunt him down with no mercy.

Means Is good for over 100 pitches, and if Hyde is willing to leave in his buffoons after they’ve shown to be done for the day, he should certainly be willing to leave in Means.

Just now, glenn__davis said:

Mlb.com has this listed as a perfect game. That wouldn't be correct would it, since a baserunner reached?

We can debate this later.   Shouldn't talk about it now.   Shouldn't even type the words.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, SteveA said:

It's very quiet in my offense.   I'm glued to this screen, having given up any pretense of getting any work done in the next 20 minutes or so.   When I see the strikeouts or outs come up on Gameday I have a hard time keeping quiet and now clapping my hands or yelling something out.

I know, when was the last time the guy on the mound was so interesting?