May 5: afternoon rubber match in Seattle with Means on the mound

SteveA

4 minutes ago, spiritof66 said:

I predicted it a few days ago, when I saw Means was scheduled to pitch. I don't think I mentioned it to anyone, though.?

I'll believe you. That's in the spirit of 1966 after all!

4 minutes ago, Philip said:

Cashman is on the phone right now, calling Mike, who has instructed his secretary not to take the call, unless instead of saying, “hello” he says, “I’ll give you my number one prospect.”

Elias when asked what he wants for Means from other teams. (I don't want to trade Means.)

200.gif

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SteveA said:

Google will look in my photo album and pop up pictures taken on this date in a previous year on my phone.

Six years ago today, after visiting my mother in Upstate NY, I stopped on the way home to Baltimore to go to an Orioles/Mets game at Citi Field.   I met up with @LA2 and @OFFNY there.

It was Bud Norris vs Bartolo Colon and it was a pitcher's duel.   The Mets won 3-2.   The Orioles' 2 runs came on HRs by Manny Machado and Chris Davis.   The game just took 2:19, so I was able to get home to Baltimore before 2AM and I went to work the next day, though I imagine I didn't work a full day.   I was actually a little disappointed that the Mets didn't  hit any HRs because I didn't get to see the Big Apple do whatever it does when they hit one.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/NYN/NYN201505050.shtml

The O's will be at Citi Field to face the Mets again on Tuesday and Wednesday of next week.

I remember! That was fun. I'm going to try to make it to at least one game next week assuming the COVID restrictions are not too much to deal with.

• Upvote 1