May 5: afternoon rubber match in Seattle with Means on the mound

SteveA

Just now, Philip said:

I would be happy to keep him, but honestly, whether he stays or goes will be dependent upon where Mike thinks we are. Eventually he’s going to have to start trading for the present, rather than for the future.

But Means’ price is only going up for now. And Someone will probably pay it.

That's why.... you offer him 5 years $25 million, there's NO WAY he turns it down! And at THE LEAST you have a serviceable starter. He doesn't even have to be an ace at that price.

Just now, spiritof66 said:

I've never seen anybody keep track of this, but the elapsed time while the M's have been at bat so far this game has been extraordinarily low.

Time of a possession.   Not just for football anymore!

4 minutes ago, scOtt said:

That's why.... you offer him 5 years $25 million, there's NO WAY he turns it down! And at THE LEAST you have a serviceable starter. He doesn't even have to be an ace at that price.

Do you think he would take it? A starter of that quality is making like 15 per year, five per year would be nothing. I mean, I would take it, sure, but I don’t have his credentials…

1 minute ago, Beysbol said:

Very very true! I wonder why Hyde hasn't said anything yet?

If this was Boston, we'd at least definitely here an  answer in the presser  Unfortunately the Baltimore media is neutered

Just now, Philip said:

Do you think he would take it? A starter of that quality is making like 15 per year, five per year would be nothing. I mean, I would take it, sure, but I don’t have his credentials…

But... 25 million, IN POCKET. Hard to pass up. You'd be set for life. Even if you get hurt the first day of ST.