Kyle Bradish 2021

Frobby

On 5/5/2021 at 10:43 PM, Frobby said:

This kid got a lot of hype from Matt Blood and others during the offseason.   He lived up to it in his first outing at Bowie today: 4.2 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 2 BB, 7 K’s.  47 of 72 pitches for strikes.  

Reading the scouting reports on him - he might be the most disagreed on prospect the O's have.  Some say he's just an organizational player, and others think he can be a middle of the rotation starter.  Sounds like it comes down to his command.   

The video on his outing was all jacked up where it would slow down and speed up at times making a very hard to see the movement and velocity. The curveball looked good from what I saw but we kinda knew that coming into the year. I didn't hear any velocity comments from the announcers and i got frustrated with the crappy MiLB video problems so didn't want the rest of the game.

17 hours ago, UMDTerrapins said:

Was throwing his FB 94-96, topping out at 97 according to the Bowie gun. Nice bend on his CB, 81-85. Didn’t seem to go to his CU too often. Delivery has good deception, with a big back bowing that almost had a Palmer-like look to it. Seems like a hard delivery to control, and he threw a few pitches that missed by a lot. Hitters has a hard time squaring up on him. CB is a good strikeout pitch and he seemed comfortable throwing it in any count. Looked like a guy who could be effective out of the bullpen if it doesn’t work out as a starter. But didn’t lose any speed in his outing and hitters looked no more comfortable after seeing him the first time around. Nice outing. 

Were you at the game or did you get this from the MiLB broadcast?

21 minutes ago, UMDTerrapins said:

From the broadcast. They were calling out pitch speeds pretty consistently. 

Thanks, I missed the beginning of the game and have not have an opportunity to go back and watch it yet. Please feel free to continue to put this kind of stuff out when you watch games. The more eyes and ears the better! Appreciate it.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, ISU94 said:

10 Ks thru 4.

Naturally doing that in 69 pitches means your night is over.

Unless some fresh roster rules get cooked up, I think the Next Good Orioles team perhaps skips past the 1-tick modification to a Quality Start is 5 IP/2 ER, and just goes ahead to a 4 IP/1 ER target.

He gave up a couple of hard hit balls, and had a little bit of command trouble at times, but I'm nitpicking a guy who struck out 10 in 4 innings and has yet to surrender a run in three starts. What stood out in this start vs his prior start was his slider. It's a swing and miss pitch, as is the curve. His fastball was mid 90's again. Very encouraging, but I'll pump the brakes a bit on my comment about moving him to AAA. He is clearly better than anticipated though. Personally, I like him more than Lowther, Zimmerman, Akin, Wells. 

• Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, Ruzious said:

26 SO's in 13.2 innings is reasonably good.  He'll turn 25 in September.  

He really could move to AAA any time, but I think he’ll get 2-3 more AA starts before the O’s consider such a move.