Chris Tillman attempting a comeback

SteveA

27 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

Rich Hill.  Physical problems.  Personal stuff.  Looked 100% done in 2009 (7.80 ERA with an average fastball velocity of 88).  Still active in 2021 at the age of 41.  You just never know.

In his climb back to MLB, Hill pitched for the Long Island Ducks with player-coach Lew Ford. Maybe because I'm reading Mary Shelley's Frankenstein right now, I don't want to think about what may have transpired with Ford that propelled Hill's return to the majors. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, spiritof66 said:

In his climb back to MLB, Hill pitched for the Long Island Ducks with player-coach Lew Ford. Maybe because I'm reading Mary Shelley's Frankenstein right now, I don't want to think about what may have transpired with Ford that propelled Hill's return to the majors. 

Can you think of a more motivating factor than getting off a team with Lew Ford?

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Can you think of a more motivating factor than getting off a team with Lew Ford?

I'm tired of the bad-mouthing of Lew Ford.  We all know that when Hyde is done they're going to hire Ford as the player-manager at the age of 47 and he's leading the Orioles to glory.

Shoulder issues seem way harder to come back from than an elbow.  I mean, Tommy John surgery is practically an afterthought, it's a given that anyone having TJ will be back.  

The shoulder is a whole different beast, IMO.  That said, I wish Tillman well and I hope he gets to have another day in the sun.  One should be so fortunate.

4 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

I'm tired of the bad-mouthing of Lew Ford.  We all know that when Hyde is done they're going to hire Ford as the player-manager at the age of 47 and he's leading the Orioles to glory.

I thought Felix Pie was going to be hired to walk on water? :)

:new_beer:

4 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Shoulder issues seem way harder to come back from than an elbow.  I mean, Tommy John surgery is practically an afterthought, it's a given that anyone having TJ will be back.  

The shoulder is a whole different beast, IMO.  That said, I wish Tillman well and I hope he gets to have another day in the sun.  One should be so fortunate.

My shoulder agrees with you, and I didnt play pro ball.

But, I can forecast the weather by the more it aches. :) :) :)

7 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

Lew Ford paid you to say that didn't he?  I hope you didn't take a personal check.