Bring up Ryan Ripken!

NelsonCruuuuuz

On 5/15/2021 at 8:26 AM, Frobby said:

I can’t believe we are even having this conversation. 

I'm under the assumption that this is just a giant joke. Ripken is not even a good AA player. He would have never had been signed if not for his name and would have been released five times already. 

He's not even a priority play at Norfolk. He's just an extra guy to give a guy a day off or cover down for an injury.

His slash line over his minor league career is .242/.281/.332/.613 in 1480 PAs. He's been given more than 295 PAs in a season twice.

Once in Washington where he slashed .201/.241/.254/.495 in 399 PAs as a 22-year old between NYPenn and Sally League (A-) and then with Delmarva (A-) at as a 24-year old slashing .244/.281/.327/.608 in 420 PAs.

Unless you just want to see a side show where a 3rd Ripken plays in the major league with the Orioles, there is not right to even be having a conversation about him being promoted to the Orioles. It would be a travesty to every hard working long time minor leaguer who actually have had a good minor league career if that were to happen.

35 minutes ago, jabba72 said:

I dont know, if Ryan McKenna's getting at bats, then its not too much of a stretch to see Ripken either. But he has to hit first. I admit it would help his cause alot if he played another position. 

Ok, I thought you were just joking but at this point, I'm going to assume you don't have a firm grasp on what an actual major league prospect looks like and how organizations work.