Bring up Ryan Ripken!

NelsonCruuuuuz

2 minutes ago, Moshagge3 said:

As a September callup when the team is 35 games out of first place and looking to steal a headline away from the Ravens, sure, why not. Give him an at bat or two.

Same list of reasons why you don't put a random fan in the game.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Moshagge3 said:

As a September callup when the team is 35 games out of first place and looking to steal a headline away from the Ravens, sure, why not. Give him an at bat or two.

If we're going to go all St. Paul Saints on the league, then I also want a game where they pick a fan to play RF for an inning, and they bring Chuck Estrada back to pitch an inning at 83.

2 hours ago, DrungoHazewood said:

Also, give the fans a bunch of flashcards and have them manage the game.  Alright Section 34... do we bunt or swing away?  Bunt!  Yeaaaahhh!

Actually that would be a fascinating experiment 

2 hours ago, DrungoHazewood said:

That's why I'm in favor of giving everyone the O's sign to a pro contract 300 plate appearances or 50 innings in the majors.  Just in case.

At the very least if you can prove you're a blood relative of a HOF player then you get a late season call up to the show. 

3 hours ago, DrungoHazewood said:

If we're going to go all St. Paul Saints on the league, then I also want a game where they pick a fan to play RF for an inning, and they bring Chuck Estrada back to pitch an inning at 83.

The game could use a little Bill Veeck.

• Upvote 2