O's @ Twins wednesday

scOtt

1 minute ago, Tony-OH said:

Hyde's insistent of keeping Lopez in until he gets hammered borders on criminal.

I get that Lopez was pitching well, and want to build his confidence and show we can trust him in the 5th and 6th innings.  But we can't.  He's shown time and time again he needs pulled once the 3rd time through the order starts.  Maybe if we had a decent bullpen that wasn't constantly taxed so heavily we could pull him when he needs pulled.  It all just sucks right now.

1 minute ago, bpilktree said:

Do you trust Scott to come in and throw strikes with two men on already?  

I don't trust a single pitcher in that bullpen outside of Valdez, but I trust all of them more than Lopez pitching the 3rd time through the order.

9 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

I don't trust a single pitcher in that bullpen outside of Valdez, but I trust all of them more than Lopez pitching the 3rd time through the order.

73% sv pct needs to go up for me to trust even Valdez.

Edited by OsEatAlEast
That's 73% lifetime as an Oriole. It's 67% this year so it's even worse.

3 minutes ago, Philip said:

Now, why is it that when I complain about Hyde’s pitching practices, I get pilloried, but you get laureled and lauded.

Must be the suit coat.

But yes, you are correct.

If you focused on Hyde sticking with Lopez time and time again you would be correct. I think we can all agree on that.