Was the no hitter worth it? (Means leaves game with shoulder fatigue)

webbrick2010

Most innings and most pitches that Means ever threw in a game and he hasn't been the same since

Now he has left shoulder fatigue

Even as I watched the no hitter and pulled for him I imagined Hyde and Mean agent rooting for a hit so they could pull him and not risk the injury that seems to have happened.

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 10

7 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

For the record he went 6 IP, 0 ER his start after the No Hitter.

And 7 IP, 2 ER a couple starts later. Dead arm isn't a big deal and we are losing 90+ games no matter what so I'd say it was worth it even if there is some connection.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, webbrick2010 said:

Most innings and most pitches that Means ever threw in a game and he hasn't been the same since

Even as I watched the no hitter and pulled for him I imagined Hyde and Mean agent rooting for a hit so they could pull him and not risk the injury that seems to have happened.

Whatever man.  

Since May 5, he's made 4 starts, equating to 24.1 innings, a 3.33 ERA, and 1.02 WHIP with 18 K's and 3 walks in that span.

Means is NOT the problem.

12 hours ago, webbrick2010 said:

I don’t think the NH caused anything.

a major league pitcher SHOULD be able to throw 90-100 pitches every game. It is not to Hyde’s credit he insists on more than a guy can give, but Means wasn’t pushed in his NH and hasn’t been since then.

Edited by Philip

14 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

This happened in 2019 too, I don't see a reason to be worried yet. 

Orioles designate Dan Straily for assignment, place John Means on injured list

The 2019 Orioles season is such an un-fun disaster that even a roster move that could be enjoyed comes with one that must be suffered. So it is on Thursday afternoon, as the team announced that the struggling Dan Straily has been designated for assignment. However, because O’s fans can’t have nice things for long in 2019, bad news follows: John Means has been placed on the injured list, retroactive to June 17.

The Orioles announced the injury to Means as a left shoulder strain.