Coby Mayo 2021

Sports Guy

12 hours ago, RZNJ said:

Oh, I got a whole list of each team's 2022 roster for next spring on my home computer.   I play around with it every now and then.  Sometimes I have Cowser in Bowie and sometimes I have him Aberdeen.   I have Mayo in Aberdeen to start next year.   Cowser is supposedly the more advanced hitter but Mayo is probably the guy that other teams fear the most in that lineup.

The ultimate AFL team would be Westburg, Gunnar, Cowser, Mayo. 

4 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

The ultimate AFL team would be Westburg, Gunnar, Cowser, Mayo. 

All four of them have probably played more games this year than they ever have in their baseball careers. I'm not sure they wouldn't benefit more from individualized offseason programs to work on things than playing more games in the AFL.

I think it makes more sense to send guys who may have missed time during the season and could use more live AB's

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Frobby said:

3 for 5, 4 RBI, a double and a homer today.   .340 BA, 1.041 OPS in low A now. 

And for the year, he's OPSing 1.026 in 206 plate appearances.  Also 11 of 11 in steals - not that he's going to steal a lot of bases in the majors, but it's a good sign.       

1 hour ago, Sports Guy said:

The power he generates from the lower half is very noticeable.

Indeed. And his hands look extremely quick and direct to the ball, too. I’ll often find myself watching his homerun clips several times in a row. There’s something mesmerizing about a swing like that. 

47 minutes ago, joelala said:

Indeed. And his hands look extremely quick and direct to the ball, too. I’ll often find myself watching his homerun clips several times in a row. There’s something mesmerizing about a swing like that. 

He’s an exciting guy to watch.  I really hope he can stay at third but if not, that’s ok.

Im really curious to see if he is on the radar for top 100 lists.