Thursday June 24: Orioles begin 3 time zone road trip in Buffalo

SteveA

Gametime:  7:07 pm

Forecast:  75 degrees, no precipitation

MatchupDean Kremer (R) vs Anthony Kay (L)

Lineup

1. Cedric Mullins (L) CF
2. Trey Mancini (R) DH
3. Ryan Mountcastle (R) 1B
4. Anthony Santander (S) RF
5. Austin Hays (R) LF
6. Freddy Galvis (S) SS
7. Maikel Franco (R) 3B
8. Pedro Severino (R) C
9. Pat Valaika (R) 2B

1. Marcus Semien (R) 2B
2. Bo Bichette (R) SS
3. Vladimir Guerrero Jr. (R) DH
4. Teoscar Hernandez (R) RF
5. Randal Grichuk (R) CF
6. Cavan Biggio (L) 3B
7. Lourdes Gurriel Jr. (R) LF
8. Joe Panik (L) 1B
9. Reese McGuire (L) C

Orioles Bench
DJ Stewart (L)
Stevie Wilkerson (S)
Austin Wynns (R)

Bullpen Availability (last pitched)

Available
   Fry* 0.2 IP, 24p Saturday, 1.0 IP, 14p Friday
   Harvey 0.1 IP, 16 p Tuesday
   Lakins 2.1 IP, 32p Monday

Plutko 2.2 IP, 42p Sunday
   Scott* 0.1 IP, 19p Tuesday
   Sulser 1.0 IP, 13p Tuesday; 1.0 IP, 20p Monday
   Wells 1.0 IP, 12p Tuesday

Not Available
   Jannis 3.1 IP, 71 p last night
   Tate 1.2IP, 26p last night; 0.2 IP, 19p Monday;  1.0 IP, 19p Sunday

*lefthanders denoted by asterisks
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

Game Notes:

• Orioles played 6 games in Buffalo last year, including the final 3 of the season.   The Blue Jays won 4 of the 6.
  • The Orioles have lost 19 games in a row, 4 short of the major league record of 23, which is held by the Diamondbacks and is still active.  The Diamondbacks begin a 6 game road trip in San Diego tomorrow night.
  • The second game of the series will be started by Alex Manoah, who gave up a bunch of HRs to the Orioles Saturday and then was ejected for throwing at Maikel Franco.  Manoah was suspended for 5 games due to the incident, but I guess he is appealing the suspension so we face him tomorrow.   He is one of two players from the 2019 draft to have reached the majors, the other being White Sox outfielder/DH Andrew Vaughn.
  • The Orioles last road win was 50 days ago, John Means no hitter.
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Il BuonO said:

Kremer is trending up! Even Frobby should watch. 

Ok, that’s as much optimism as I’ve mustered in a while.

I still feel like he's got the most promise of the 2020-21 batch of rookie pitchers (Kremer, Zimmerman, Akin, Lowther).   But he's got to put it together at some point.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• If thats where he's at 1B or Dh there will be no extension. The bat woud have to be super special. and it's not. we already have like 3 of those Mounty, O'hearn and Mayo
    • The on field product has the talent to win and bring out fans now.  I’m not saying not to spend more money.  Your first paragraph I agree with. The new owner assumes all the “debts” leftover. Ultimately it’s their responsibility to repair it.    They screwed up big time with their pricing. If this team rebounds and gets in the DS the excitement will pick up. Only the last week did they have any momentum after months of losing it. 
    • That’s a very good point, but then you have the question whether you would be willing to give up McDermott plus for erceg, and that’s an easy trade to make. Plus, the athletics need almost everything, they wouldn’t want Hays But we could’ve found something to satisfy them.
    • IMO, this mindset ("new chapter") is part of the problem. We can't act like the past and the terrible relationship that the org had with it's customer base does not matter or have a carryover effect. Whether the org calls itself "new" or not IMO is irrelevant. The issue is whether or not it will operate in enough meaningful different ways. If the org wants more of it's market to be engaged it is going to have to raise the bar to championship expectations and invest more in the on-field product. That would be different from the past and would indeed reflect that something is "new".
    • All of you guys talking about empty seats and an unengaged fanbase - did you not see the post showing over 41K in attendance, more than in MIL or HOU?  Are those fan bases also unengaged or disinterested? This is much ado about absolutely nothing.
    • I think at this point its just semantics regarding what a successful deadline looked like.  Elias upgraded three positions - SP, 2 RP.  Could there have been bigger upgrades?  Sure, at a bigger cost.  I think it was sufficient.  What has killed the team is the hitting.  If this team had hit like its capable of, and Soto, Eflin, and Dominguez all pitched exactly as they have, we'd all be feeling a lot better about the team, and probably lauding Elias for those three pickups and what a great boost they were at the deadline.  But we aren't hitting - at all - and I don't know what he could have done at the deadline to fix that. Already agreed that the draft strategy must evolve. I don't agree it was a bad strategy to do what they did so far, but it does have to evolve, just as the organization as a whole has evolved.  And I think it will.
    • I don't mean this as any kind of personal slight toward you. Please do not take this as such. But people/fans showed how they felt about this team who has been a loser for almost 4 months. And largely continued to hedge (beyond the Eflin addition) at the deadline. I bet you who did not have a bunch of empty seats for their playoff game yesterday .... San Diego. IMO it is because of the effort that they put in to continue to engage the fanbase. You can't sell people on the "homegrown" stars idea and no need to add a lot of outside talent. And then some of those "homegrown stars" who were so hyped flop. And then not extend the ones who turn into stars. That communicates a lack of investment by the org. Now when you add that up in the economy/2024 inflation and combine that with all of the other entertainment choices that people have in 2024; things like this will happen. Empty seats during a playoff game = an unengaged/unexcited fan base. The org has to own much of this.
  • Popular Contributors