Flurry of O's moves (Wells/Wade up, Jannis DFA, Kremer optioned, Sisco claimed)

interloper

I just looked at Wells game log/monthly splits, knowing he was pitching better lately.

June = 2.45 ERA and 19/0 K/BB ratio in 18 innings.   Three of his four appearances against Wander Franco's lineup too.

In this year of everyone on 40-man clawing to 1450 team IP, that's probably sufficient for the carousel to turn your way.

If you want to be very optimistic, he can get double pass for the whole stuck Down Under etc. in covid times.

I’m looking forward to seeing Wells - not so much because I’m expecting much, but just because I’ve been following his career for years and I’m anxious to actually get a good look at the guy myself.   I’m not expecting him to be great.   Just hoping he throws a lot of strikes and makes the other team earn their way on base.   

I have no issues with these moves. I will be pleasantly surprised if Alexander Wells isn't back in Norfolk soon. I am curious to see if he has something more than what I expect. 

Good luck to Chance Sisco. Perhaps he can learn to play 3B and become more valuable that way. 

I hope this is the start of much more of the same. I’ve seen enough Plutko and Lakins at least, would love to see someone else in their place. If Wells is terrible, we’ll we find out now instead of waiting and hoping. If he’s bad well at least we know, and we can call up the best guy.

is Konner Wade a real prospect or just a warm body?

11 minutes ago, Philip said:

I hope this is the start of much more of the same. I’ve seen enough Plutko and Lakins at least, would love to see someone else in their place. If Wells is terrible, we’ll we find out now instead of waiting and hoping. If he’s bad well at least we know, and we can call up the best guy.

is Konner Wade a real prospect or just a warm body?

From Roch, you can decide:

The Orioles brought Wade back into the organization with a minor league deal in January. Former executive Dan Duquette acquired him from the Rockies in November 2017 for $500,000 in international bonus slot money and released him four months later before he could break camp.

In between his two Orioles contracts was a summer spent with the independent Sugar Land Skeeters in 2018, winter ball in Mexico, a minor league deal with the Red Sox in 2019 and a return to Sugar Land.

• Upvote 1