Dilon Tate Is Bringing The Heat!

Il BuonO

5 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Tate, Sulser, Fry and Wells are guys I can see forming part of a good bullpen.  

As to Scott, he’s either dominant or worthless, depending on the day.   To me, he’s OK as a 6th/7th inning guy but you have to be ready to pull the plug at a moment’s notice.    I don’t trust him in high leverage situations.    

Tate has been quietly pretty fantastic as have the other 3 you mentioned.  

Obviously Mullins is the big take away from this season, but I'd say these four guys in the bullpen separated themselves from that pack and provided a glimpse of some hope for a solid BP.  

Once Wells is back and performing, I'd really like to see him get stretched and tried as a starter.  If he could successfully start 2 or 3 games in September, that would be a big boon going into next year. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

Tate, Sulser, Fry and Wells are guys I can see forming part of a good bullpen.  

As to Scott, he’s either dominant or worthless, depending on the day.   To me, he’s OK as a 6th/7th inning guy but you have to be ready to pull the plug at a moment’s notice.    I don’t trust him in high leverage situations.    

Tate does have the ceiling still to be Givens 2.0. That has a lot of value. 

3 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

The pitch in between the ball that would have been a grand slam but it went foul and the grand slam was a beautiful 96 MPH fastball.

Tate was given a second chance at avoiding the worst possible outcome.  Boy, I'm glad he took advantage of it.

On 8/3/2021 at 6:43 PM, sportsfan8703 said:

Tate does have the ceiling still to be Givens 2.0. That has a lot of value. 

Givens -2.0.

I don't think Givens ever had as bad a streak as Tate's last few appearances. The Britton trade has now officially come to nothing.

1 hour ago, LA2 said:

Givens -2.0.

I don't think Givens ever had as bad a streak as Tate's last few appearances. The Britton trade has now officially come to nothing.

Givens was very good in 2015 to 2017 as a fifth to eighth inning pitcher who could keep the O's in the game and occasionally earn the win. Tate has a long way to go if he wants to be that class of a reliever. 

• 3 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

So good you had to say it twice, Jimmy Two Times!

I don’t know why this happens so often, when my comment doubles itself, but it’s happening so often like almost every time and I’m tired of fixing it. I’m sure there’s a country song out there about seeing double and being single and driving a quad