Wednesday July 7: O's go for 2 in a row vs Toronto

SteveA

3 minutes ago, SteveA said:

I still can't wrap my mind around the replay review.  Does the replay ump really have blanket powers to completely re-do what happened on the field to correct an umpire error, even saying a guy who was tagged out on the bases and never approached home plate actually scored?

I mean, he got the results of the play exactly what they would have been if the ump hadn't signalled out, but I just had never seen that level of complete judgement and rearrangement of results by a replay ump before.

That was a topic when replay started. I’m having a difficult time trying to remember anything similar to what happened in the 1st. That call was really messed up. 

5 minutes ago, Yossarian said:

Wynns not able to catch up to that 90 mph fastball up in the zone and then K's on the same pitch Mouncastle did - the 76 mph 12-6 curve.

Yeah. Great person, good defensively, but he needs to put the bat on the ball. Even a ground out or fly out is better than a K. 

53 minutes ago, Yossarian said:

Talk about Murderer's Row:  Urias, McKenna, and Valaika go 5-6-7 in the O's lineup.  That has to put fear into an opposing pitcher.

It's almost enough to make me want Chris Davis to be healthy. And whoever thought Maikel Franco's bat would be missed with his injury. 

• Upvote 1