2021 Draft Thread

9 minutes ago, scOtt said:

I just LOVE!... 10 rounds in a row now... Manfred gets heartily booed in EVERY one of them!!!

I can’t understand why the owners don’t think that letting someone else announce the picks is a better idea. If Manfred were 30 and had the charm and looks of Elvis, MAYBE. But he looks and sounds awful, has less than zero personality and charm, and can’t even say a complete sentence without a stumble.

3 minutes ago, scOtt said:

I never read any of his Bachman books, but all his books start out a little strange, a little weird. And just get weirder and weirder and creepier the farther you get. King has a WONDERFULLY twisted mind!

He's actually written a couple of stories that revolved around baseball - "The girl who loved Tom Gordon" and "Blockade Billy".  

1 minute ago, Ruzious said:

He's actually written a couple of stories that revolved around baseball - "The girl who loved Tom Gordon" and "Blockade Billy".  

Speaking of baseball books and getting way off topic, I recommend this biography of Satchel Paige.

https://www.amazon.com/Satchel-Life-Times-American-Legend/dp/0812977971

3 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I read them ages ago.  I don't remember any of them being up there with his better stuff. 

Came off a bit young male actually, which is weird given the picture he used.

I enjoy his son, Joe Hill's, stories.  For the most part, they're even creepier than King's.  It's nice to see the improvements he's made.  His first book of short stories were fun but didn't show much character development.  Now, his characters are more interesting.  

4 minutes ago, Ruzious said:

I bet the girl who loved Tom Gordon really wants to eat his soul, and blockade Billy is a zombie in training of some kind

3 minutes ago, SteveA said:

A cross between Sal Bando and Christian Yelich???

Interesting that they think a 5'9 guy like Frelick doesn't get dinged for his actual lack of power, but Watson did for his perceived lack of power.