Santander, Akin to IL. McKenna and A.Wells recalled

eddie83

41 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

That is interesting because Hyde said he found out about it last night, which makes me think it was a contact issue not a symptom issue which I believe, thought I could be wrong, only requires non-vaccinated players to enter the protocol.

I think you could be right about this.  If either player came into contact with someone who tested positive that is enough to put them on the COVID IL.   And they don't have to be going through the same thing.  It could be two different issues.

As luck would have it I would rather watch Alex tonight than Akin anyway.

2 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Or maybe to Norfolk, where he can pitch every 5th day, establish a rhythm, and either suck or get some consistency.

That would seem to be the best option for this future. He may ultimately end up in the pen, or out of baseball but the minors are the best option for him.

4 minutes ago, maybenxtyr said:

That would seem to be the best option for this future. He may ultimately end up in the pen, or out of baseball but the minors are the best option for him.

They should both be in the rotation for now.  Means, Lopez, Watkins, Wells and Akin for the time being is what they should be using.

52 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

Holy S a rookie pitcher actually gave us a quality start today.  I can't remember one of those since before Jordan Zimmerman went on the DL.  I'd say Wells has earned another start or 10. 

We had one about 44 hours ago.

But yes, I hope Wells stays up. 

10 hours ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

McKenna was sent down yesterday and then immediately recalled. Wonder if he had to tell the pilot to turn the plane around…

He was still in St. Pete, apparently remained on the taxi squad instead of heading out of town.

9 hours ago, MurphDogg said:

That is interesting because Hyde said he found out about it last night, which makes me think it was a contact issue not a symptom issue which I believe, thought I could be wrong, only requires non-vaccinated players to enter the protocol.

The team definitely knew about it last night. Alex Wells got the call at 11:30pm last night to say he'll be starting the day game.