Elias addresses many burning questions

Frobby

4 minutes ago, Philip said:

Why would they have a generational catcher spending any time at first base?

To rest his legs and avoid wear and tear while he’s playing games that don’t matter.   Also, get him as many at bats as possible and have him trained to play another position for days when he can’t catch.  

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Frobby said:

To rest his legs and avoid wear and tear while he’s playing games that don’t matter.   Also, get him as many at bats as possible and have him trained to play another position for days when he can’t catch.  

Maybe he is playing 1B/DH to keep his OPS high.  I read somewhere that he is not hitting that well as a catcher.

23 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Elias has his black belt in being available to the press, answering questions while at the same time saying absolutely nothing.  It's not even a black belt, it's like a higher level.  Basically, he's like Bruce LeRoy from The Last Dragon, he's got The Glow when it comes to answering questions and not giving anything away.

16e2953883d54477584c2450bc8381e1.gif

That’s every GM. These guys think they are hiding govt secrets.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

I don't think Adley is going to be promoted to the majors, barring a change to the CBA, until after the O's secure a 7th year of team control.

That's easier to do if he isn't in Norfolk putting up big numbers in July.

That's what I thought.  Sorry for making you say it out loud.  I was wondering if perhaps you were speculating it has something to do with the current AAA staff/roster.

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

I don't think Adley is going to be promoted to the majors, barring a change to the CBA, until after the O's secure a 7th year of team control.

Don't forget your conspiracy theory about holding guys back to have a highly rated farm system.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

I don't think he's going to do that with Adley.  You'd have to bring him up this season to make the math work. 

You've been in the mushrooms again, huh? That makes no sense at all.

3 minutes ago, 7Mo said:

You've been in the mushrooms again, huh? That makes no sense at all.

I actually did get a one pound container of dried shiitakes as a gift today.

Elias isn't going to delay Adley's promotion to the majors in the 2022 season to a point so late that Adley doesn't lose his 2023 rookie eligibility.

That's a step too far. 

56 minutes ago, Philip said:

When he can’t catch he DHs

It makes sense to have him learn another position.   He played it some in college too I think.   He has DH’d 8 times this year, so they do use him there some. 

14 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

I know what you mean, but I just don't think that is such a bad thing. He's having a solid season, but it's not like he's consistently putting up numbers that scream "send me to the Show". And I don't care if AR plays any percentage of his service time on an O's team that sucks this bad. I'd rather have him play that % time when the organization has a better product on the ML team and in the minors. 

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Philip said:

Why would they have a generational catcher spending any time at first base?

As was done with Johnny Bench, Piazza, and many other catchers who could hit well. Mauer with Power II, except that I hope it really comes true this time (in contrast to the disappointment with Wieters).