Orioles trade discussion thread

Sports Guy

3 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I would have preferred quality over quantity in the Manny trade, but the Orioles were a dysfunctional mess in 2018. And they waited too long to trade Manny, after it became evident Manny was never going to sign a contract extension. 

Yeah but even if the Os had no leverage they should have been able to use other teams against each other. I know Diaz was ranked higher at the time so maybe just hindsight being 20/20.

8 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Probably because the O's have holes at 3B/SS/2B (depending on how Urias do the rest of the season), starting pitcher or  a catcher to share time with Adley and Elias wants to trade Mancini for a major leaguer and/or major league ready players.    Hard to do that in July but a lot easier to do during the off season.

Can't see not getting a major leaguer or major league ready player being something that would stop a trade for Mancini.

If he gets an offer he's happy with and all the players are in A ball I'd hope he makes the deal.

Just now, Philip said:

At MLBTradeRumors, there is zero Oriole discussion. Means, Mancini and our relievers seem to be generating nothing. Doubtful they will move, because it’s well nigh impossible to avoid gossip

My guess either nothing happens, or something largely unexpected happens 

Just now, Philip said:

At MLBTradeRumors, there is zero Oriole discussion. Means, Mancini and our relievers seem to be generating nothing. Doubtful they will move, because it’s well nigh impossible to avoid gossip

I've seen Fry, Scott and Tate mentioned in rumors, but not on MLBTR, only Twitter.

I'm starting to think it'll be pretty quiet for us today.

I'm going to imagine that Elias is waiting until the last minute so people can improve their offers. If will be a disappointment if he doesn't end up making any moves, but without knowing what's being offered, it's hard to say whether he was right or wrong.