Orioles trade discussion thread

Sports Guy

Seems to me like Fry is the only guy I'd like to see traded, and we wouldn't be talking a big return.  It would also be easy to argue that he could command approximately the same return at this time next year given how much team control we have.

Mancini makes sense to move on paper, but my guess is that if we did trade him we would be highly disappointed in the return.  He's a solid hitter who kind of has to play first base or DH.  I just can't see teams thinking he is a needle-mover.

There is no way a team would pay for Mullins' production this year, so if we honestly believe he is the player he has shown to be (I think he is) then it makes the most sense to let him have another year to establish premium value.  Similar story with Means.

Craig Kimbrel takes the El Train from the north side of town to the south side of town.

I did that back in 1992 when I went to a Cubs day game and a White Sox night game.   We had Guardian Angels on our train ride after the White Sox game.

3 minutes ago, connja said:

sucks that it's so quiet for the O's.  We really have no one to move.

By my count, the following teams have made no trades involving MLB players this week or even this month (I do not count waiver claims, or trades for a guy who has been DFA'd):

Orioles
Angels
Rockies
Giants
Phillies (tried for Tyler Anderson but it fell through)
Cardinals

I expect that list will be shorter in an hour and a half.

• Upvote 1