Wednesday, August 18: the misery continues in St Petersburg

SteveA

11 hours ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I think just based on the game situation Moe Drabowsky in game one of the 1966 World Series on the road against the Dodgers. Drabowsky pitched 6 2/3 shutout innings of one hit ball while striking out 11 batters. 

https://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/LAN/LAN196610050.shtml

This performance is the one by Oriole pitchers that other teams' fans tend to remember from that Series. It was phenomenal. I loved Drabowsky and his practical jokes in the bullpen and dugout.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Of course I’ll be watching. Filled with dread in all likelihood. As will most of us.  LOL. 
    • Very interesting to read through this. Full of optimism…those were good times. Turns out I voted 91-94. Such pessimism…grrr…and even that was too little. Several of the posters should run out and buy lottery tickets because they are definitely prescient.
    • During all the hullabaloo about the team floundering, way too little was said about fundamental baseball judgement and defense. In a game a couple days ago, a guy came up to bat with runners on. This guy is all speed and defense, with no power, and bunted for a single. The radio guys pointed out that with a bunt threat at the plate, the defense moves in to anticipate the bunt, but this wasn’t done. He barely beat out the throw. Even two steps in from the defense would have been the difference. Little flubs like that happen CONSTANTLY, and don’t count as errors, but good teams avoid them without even thinking. The OF collision two days ago. Why did that happen? It shouldn’t have, and wouldn’t have with a good team, yet we’ve had at least three, two of which resulted in serious injury. Westburg and Urias are both solid players with solid fundamentals. Even if they don’t blaze away at the plate, they haven’t forgotten their defense, and we can hope that will be enough to get us to 90 wins.
    • The Boys are back and you're going to be in trouble.  Hey-la Hey-la. The Boys are back.
    • I was just reading my unread posts in the thread, and didn’t notice that your post was a week old.   And I don’t consider that I called you out.  The post sort of read like the outcome of the playoffs was so certain that there was no point in watching, so I was ribbing you about it.  Nothing personal intended. I have a feeling you’ll be watching!   
    • I was expecting Boston to be last and NY to be fourth…I never expected the Jays to be as bad as they’ve been, and the Rays are always good.
    • Fewer than 3% of our posters thought the O’s would win under 90 games this year.  They can still win 90, but it will take a 4-3 finish or better to do it.    
  • Popular Contributors