Orioles Fans The Least Stressed In Baseball

Can_of_corn

On 8/29/2021 at 4:52 PM, jerios55 said:

I’m a bit stressed we stink this bad and might still not get the 1st pick in the draft and/or might go under slot…. Does that still count?

This is true. We're "ahead" by 1.5 games for the #1 pick, but Arizona has the second hardest strength of schedule remaining. Baltimore's is 9th hardest and we're done with the Rays.

On 8/30/2021 at 10:38 AM, spiritof66 said:

It doesn't qualify as stress, but I get frustrated not knowing when this team can and will be sold to real owners. The situation can improve under current ownership from the mess that Peter Angelos created -- it could hardly get worse -- but I don't think the kind of money it will take to build a contender is going to be made available by the Angeloses.

I would think...and not trying in any way to add politics, but if the current tax plans of the Biden Administration are enacted it would double capital gains, increase corporate taxes, do away with step up in basis and increase the estate tax.   

If all of those things happen, I would think a sale would be inevitable.