Josh Rogers Debuts With Nationals

NelsonCruuuuuz

4 minutes ago, NelsonCruuuuuz said:

Puzzling they cut bait with him so quickly following a major injury while Matt Harvey still anchors the rotation: https://www.federalbaseball.com/2021/9/6/22658707/washington-nationals-keeping-josh-rogers-around-a-while

But again, I am sure it’s because Elias is smarter than us. 

Amazingly easy, driving from the back seat

• Upvote 1

Any small piece of data can fit a narrative if that's what you're looking to see. On the other hand we've got Tyler Wells, Urias, Severino from the Nats (I know, I know, terrible defense put has put up 2.5 WAR over three years), and Mateo. On balance I'd say he's doing fine and the fact that other teams are interested in players from our system is also not a bad thing.

• Tony-OH changed the title to Josh Rogers Debuts With Nationals

I am happy that he’s doing OK, but his performance wasn’t anything special. Maybe he’ll get through 3/4 more starts and good for him. But he wasn’t anything to write home about, just another indication of how desperate the Orioles were at that trade line because they waited too long. I don’t know who we have left from those batch of trades, but let us hope we are never in that situation again

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NelsonCruuuuuz said:

Puzzling they cut bait with him so quickly following a major injury while Matt Harvey still anchors the rotation: https://www.federalbaseball.com/2021/9/6/22658707/washington-nationals-keeping-josh-rogers-around-a-while

Matt Harvey is a has-been.  Josh Rogers is a never-been.  

Elias is smarter than us.  As far as I know, none of us have worked in the front office of an ML franchise.  

Oh my god, another error on Jones! I am sure I am missing something because Elias is always smarter than everyone else.
Funny they use the disrespect angle like the Ravens do, but when it comes to selecting the best player available, no thang, Elias must be a genius for not taking BPA….

I'm starting to notice some consistent trends in your posts. 

• Upvote 1

Anyways, good luck to Josh Rogers. Maybe he will get some consistent playing time and prove to have some value for the Nationals. So far, there is nothing about his performance that really should warrant a post lamenting us moving on from him. If he can prove to be a major league quality pitcher, congratulations to him, but I don't think the O's missed out on an essential part of an upcoming Os playoff team.