Per the Sun, O's looking at Izturis

LAOSfan

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/baseball/bal-orioles1120,0,3040018.story

Article also says that they have had discussions with the Padres regarding Greene but that the Padres wanted Olson and the O's declined.

I can't argue with turning down that trade, one year of Khalil Greene is hardly worth giving up on a 24 year-old (soon to be 25) with a minor league ERA under 3 and a Minor league K:BB or 3:1... If Greene was under club control for a couple more years I would consider it but not for a rental...

I am glad they turned that down...That would be a stupid trade on the Orioles part.

Izturis is a poor and lazy choice.

And what do you do with Olson? We've got guys to take his spot in the rotation. We don't have a SS that can hit 20-25 HR and play good defense.

I can't argue with turning down that trade, one year of Khalil Greene is hardly worth giving up on a 24 year-old (soon to be 25) with a minor league ERA under 3 and a Minor league K:BB or 3:1... If Greene was under club control for a couple more years I would consider it but not for a rental...

I completely agree. I think Greene will have a nice year after he gets out of San Diego but I would not give up on Olsen just yet. Didn't we do that with John Maine?

Yes but with the down year greene had, sign him to an incentive laden deal and see if he bounces back. Greene has proved more as a SS than Olson as a SP in the majors!

And what do you do with Olson? We've got guys to take his spot in the rotation. We don't have a SS that can hit 20-25 HR and play good defense.

Olson is a starter making no money with solid upside.

Greene is making a lot of money and coming off an awful year and he is a FA after next year.

We aren't winning anything next year so why give up a good young arm for a one year stop gap?

And before you say, you can extend him..you don't know that. And you can't just extend him immediately because he was so bad last year that you have to see how he adjusts to the AL and if he is going to be good again.

And then, if that happens, you have to weigh if he is worth a 4 year deal or something like that for big money.

Lots of decisions here...its not just a 1 for 1 trade...much more involved than that.

Archived