Per the Sun, O's looking at Izturis

LAOSfan

How is Izturis a long term solution? Greene has power and has proven he is capable of playing at a high level. With Izturis, you know what you are getting. Huff had a down year last year & won a silver slugger this year. Alot can change in a year.

No one is saying that Izturis is a long term solution. The point is that AM thinks Olson is too much to give up for potentially, one year of Greene. I agree with him.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No one is saying that Izturis is a long term solution. The point is that AM thinks Olson is too much to give up for potentially, one year of Greene. I agree with him.

Mabye so...but stopgap SS have worn out their welcome and something needs to happen whether it be through trade or FA pickup. If the O's sign Izturis to SS, it will just go to show the O's are gun shy.

Izturis is a poor and lazy choice.
I think MacPhail has to be able to find a better option vs Izturis... settling for that is just being lazy.

How is Izturis a "lazy" choice. Do you think McPhail is thinking about who he wants to get at SS, and just said "F it, I'm tired of thinking about this let's just get Izturis." He clearly has looked into all available options. He didn't like the asking price for Greene (I don't either), so you move on. He doesn't want to give up a 2nd Round pick for Cabrera or Renteria. He doesn't want to pay for Furcal. Hardy will be too expensive in a trade. Philly is probably not moving Donald now that Utley is out for 4-6 months. It's fine to not agree with signing Izturis, but calling it "lazy" is just ridiculous.

Guest BrettMeister86

There are young short stops out there that can be had and the Orioles really need to move on this. Signing Izturis would be a huge dissapointment to the fans and would actually be a drop in offensive production at the SS position if one can believe that.

Chris Valaika

Brent Lillibridge

Cliff Pennington

Jason Donald

Why are we not looking to trade for one of these blocked prospects? I hope Andy gets his mind right soon and stops trying to fill the SS with a powerless defensive stop gap. This is becoming increasingly frustrating by the day.

How is Greene a long term solution. How do you know he's gonna have a bounce back year or even resign with us?

Where did I say Greene was a long term solution?

At least Greene has some upside and could potentially be a long term solution for us.

But it is far from a guarantee.

A guy like Hu should still be at the top of our list.

There are young short stops out there that can be had and the Orioles really need to move on this. Signing Izturis would be a huge dissapointment to the fans and would actually be a drop in offensive production at the SS position if one can believe that.

Chris Valaika

Brent Lillibridge

Cliff Pennington

Jason Donald

Why are we not looking to trade for one of these blocked prospects? I hope Andy gets his mind right soon and stops trying to fill the SS with a powerless defensive stop gap. This is becoming increasingly frustrating by the day.

Who says we haven't looked at those guys? And how do you know what those teams would want in return? Just another conclusion that is not based on any facts.

And what do you do with Olson? We've got guys to take his spot in the rotation. We don't have a SS that can hit 20-25 HR and play good defense.

Wait, wait, wait.... who's taking Olson's spot in the rotation?

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

This was not a deal we should have made. Without Escobar going to San Diego, it's not a good match.

Where did I say Greene was a long term solution?

At least Greene has some upside and could potentially be a long term solution for us.

But it is far from a guarantee.

A guy like Hu should still be at the top of our list.

And what type of package are we looking at giving up to obtain Mr. Hu?

Lots of possibilites here.

Not really looking for that type of answer. I suppose, since you are the LA analyst, you could see what type of team needs they may have, and what could be a good fit.

I mean put yourself in the Dodgers GM's shoes. What would you be looking for to let go of Hu, knowing that Furcal is a FA.

Not really looking for that type of answer. I suppose, since you are the LA analyst, you could see what type of team needs they may have, and what could be a good fit.

I mean put yourself in the Dodgers GM's shoes. What would you be looking for to let go of Hu, knowing that Furcal is a FA.

Well, if I were the Dodgers GM, I think I start Hu this year but it is highly unlikely they do that.

So, if I were them, I would be looking at Sherrill, Mora and BRob as guys that could help me.

Now, other than Mora, I wouldn't deal either of those guys straight up for Hu but deals can be made.

It is possible that the Dodgers would have interest in a young arm like Hernandez but I would think they want something for right now, to help them win.

Archived