Tuesday, September 28: Bruce Zimmermann returns as Orioles try to play spoiler vs Chris Sale

SteveA

1 minute ago, Philip said:

I’m here late because I was working but saw Krehbiel have a good inning. Is he a piece or just temporary filler?

Who knows.   He's been cut by 3 teams in the past 26 months, and he'll be 29 in December.

But if they see something in him, who knows.   There arent enough life rafts to keep everyone one the 40 man roster this offseason.   A lot of guys will be borderline.   How Elias and company evaluate all those borderline guys, I have no idea.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Philip said:

Meanwhile, Tanner Houck is BLAZING tonight. Wow what movement…

He pitched against us in the second game of the season and even though we won that day, I was extremely impressed with his stuff.  I couldn't believe they spent the season starting the likes of Martin Perez over him.

6 minutes ago, SteveA said:

He pitched against us in the second game of the season and even though we won that day, I was extremely impressed with his stuff.  I couldn't believe they spent the season starting the likes of Martin Perez over him.

But against the Yankees over the weekend he was awful. Gave up 6 runs or so.

11 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Who knows.   He's been cut by 3 teams in the past 26 months, and he'll be 29 in December.

But if they see something in him, who knows.   There arent enough life rafts to keep everyone one the 40 man roster this offseason.   A lot of guys will be borderline.   How Elias and company evaluate all those borderline guys, I have no idea.

They could DFA half the guys on the 40, and I doubt anyone would even notice. I have my preferences and soft spots, but(yay Trey!) I fully expect 10-15 waiver pickups to be added before January.

so if you want Valaika’s autograph you better get it now. Or Wynns’ or Severino’s or Jones’ or etc…