Who is the Orioles 2021 #2 prospect?

Tony-OH

Who is the Orioles 2021 #2 prospect?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the Orioles 2021 #2 prospect?

• Colton Cowser - OF
    • D.L. Hall - LHP
    • Gunnar Henderson - SS
    • Grayson Rodriguez - RHP
    • Kyle Stowers - RF

This poll is closed to new votes

By the way, Tony, I wish you’d had a chance to work with somebody else in the hang out, when you work with other people, it’s fun, when you’re doing it by yourself it’s just drudgery, and I have an entirely selfish motive in wanting you to continue to enjoy this site until 10 seconds after I breathe my last. I don’t know who the other minor league experts here are, but I wish

You would get together with them on a zoom call for an hour or so every evening, preferably with beer, and hash out the best list, dammit…

And then “another take” Can be followed by several other takes, Each expressing shock and dismay at the lack of acumen demonstrated by the previous.

I’d buy a ticket to read that…

?

45 minutes ago, Philip said:

I don’t think Stowers should be so high, and I’m surprised Cowser is. He must be quite special. I would expect Henderson to be ahead of both of them, and Hall ahead of all three.

Just because they’re on this list doesn’t mean they’re in the top 6.   Tony likes to create misdirection while still keeping the choices plausible.  I do think both Stowers and Cowers to be top 8.  Cowser could be top 5.   

Hall is talented but his injury history is a huge concern for me.   He has yet to throw 100 innings in a season.    Having not thrown competitively in 2020, and only 31.2 innings this year, I don’t see him throwing more than 100-105 next year even if he’s healthy.   I’d put him at no. 3 in talent but I’d probably knock him down a couple of pegs from there due to risk factors.  

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Frobby said:

... I do think both Stowers and Cowers to be top 8.  Cowser could be top 5.   

Hall is talented but his injury history is a huge concern for me.   ...

I've completely jumped off the Stowers bandwagon with his back soreness sending him home from the AFL.  Seen far too many struggle with back issues every damn season once they start.  So I'm writing him off.  Not that anyone cares, but don't try talking me out of it.  So pissed about it, tbh. ?

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, justD said:

I've completely jumped off the Stowers bandwagon with his back soreness sending him home from the AFL.  Seen far too many struggle with back issues every damn season once they start.  So I'm writing him off.  Not that anyone cares, but don't try talking me out of it.  So pissed about it, tbh. ?

Don't jump too far off since it sounds like a pretty minor injury and there's a lot of talent here.