The Dylan Bundy Over/Under

Just Regular

Meh. I would be up for him coming back on a cheap deal, but don't really care. I still want them to sign a better pitcher. Someone that can be in the rotation for 3-4 years along with Means to help fill it out as Rodriguez comes up and others battle for the last couple spots. 

But, the better idea would be to bring back Davies, Bundy, and E-Rod and have a what might-have-been rotation. We can even splurge and add Gausman to that list. LOL.

53 minutes ago, jamalshw said:

Meh. I would be up for him coming back on a cheap deal, but don't really care. I still want them to sign a better pitcher. Someone that can be in the rotation for 3-4 years along with Means to help fill it out as Rodriguez comes up and others battle for the last couple spots. 

But, the better idea would be to bring back Davies, Bundy, and E-Rod and have a what might-have-been rotation. We can even splurge and add Gausman to that list. LOL.

Josh Hader could come back and be the closer for all the additional Ws.

Arrietaa has been released by the Padres, but he's not good enough anymore to make the point.

1 hour ago, jamalshw said:

In my heart...I kinda want this to happen.  But in my head the "what might have been" rotation would more likely be the this is why you were here in the first place rotation.

2 hours ago, jamalshw said:

were-putting-the-band-back-together-were

• Haha 1

On 11/13/2021 at 3:39 PM, Just Regular said:

How satisfied/dissatisfied would you be if the Innings Sponge acquired to open 2022 was from whatever shelf Dylan Bundy is on?

Bundy himself is a young free agent at 28 (will turn 29 in a few days).  It seems like ages ago that entering 2021, he was coming off a very successful 2020 and him vs. Gausman for most successful free agent to be for 2022 was a fair fight.

His year went Trout/Rendon/2021 Angels bad but as far as I can tell the shoulder strain that ended his season after his August 24 game against us has not mushroomed to a bigger injury.   He was not in anyone's Top 50 free agents, where AAV guesses went as low as the 1/8 range.   

As is tradition with him, Home Runs given up made the ERA 6.00 bad, but WHIP in the 1.35 ballpark and 84/34 K/BB in 90 innings.

I think 2022 Bundy would be a clear step up from 2021 Harvey.   His xFIP in the 4.60's from 2021 similar to Taillon, Hendricks, Tyler Anderson, though xFIP perhaps goofily thinks he'll give up home runs at an average rate.    I will be pleasantly surprised if Elias lands a materially better pitcher than him, given the whispers Sports Guy has shared.

I kind of think Dylan Bundy is on the Matt Harvey shelf at this point personally. He's pretty broken. There's some upside there I guess, but let's say he was a free agent this year, I'd only be interested in a minor league deal with a ST invite. 

The O's should be looking to reach whatever shelf is above Matt Harvey and Dylan Bundy. That's not to say Harvey couldn't come back, but if he does, he shouldn't be their main SP signing.