More Prospects to know for 2022

Tony-OH

The thread title says 2023 but I think you mean 2022.

I like the convention of listing the players alphabetically by first name.   The Abu Dhabi phone book is organized that way.   The “Ahmed” and “Mohamed” listings take up 2/3 of the phone book!

Poor Adam Hall can’t even make the top 49.   ?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

• Tony-OH changed the title to More Prospects to know for 2022
7 hours ago, UMDTerrapins said:

Thanks for all the work you’ve put into your scouting Tony! Have you heard anything about Dylan Heid? I know he went to instructional camp after the season, but he didn’t pitch for us after we drafted him. 

Thanks.

Pitchers really aren't throwing to batters from what I heard so not much on him or any pitcher. I assume he will start 20022 with Delmarva. It will be interesting to see what role he's in when it does.

5 hours ago, Frobby said:

The thread title says 2023 but I think you mean 2022.

I like the convention of listing the players alphabetically by first name.   The Abu Dhabi phone book is organized that way.   The “Ahmed” and “Mohamed” listings take up 2/3 of the phone book!

Poor Adam Hall can’t even make the top 49.   ?

High strikeout, low walk total for a guy with well below average power and then you add in that he doesn't bring in any defensive value any where. Just not a guy for me. Maybe he's one of those guy that hits AA and hits better, but he needs to up his game in many areas.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Moose Milligan said:

@Tony-OHhow good is Grenier's glove?  If you had to comp him to a big leaguer, what do you think could be fair?

Or, I guess...is the glove special?  

It's not special, but just really steady. He can make all the plays and while he's not flashy, he'd be a solid average major league shortstop and above average second baseman. 

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

Thanks.

Pitchers really aren't throwing to batters from what I heard so not much on him or any pitcher. I assume he will start 20022 with Delmarva. It will be interesting to see what role he's in when it does.

Along the same lines of Heid, is Trendon Craig just a guy that you haven't had a chance to get information about at this point? Seems like a guy who could shoot up prospect lists next year just based on the hype.

16 minutes ago, LookinUp said:

Along the same lines of Heid, is Trendon Craig just a guy that you haven't had a chance to get information about at this point? Seems like a guy who could shoot up prospect lists next year just based on the hype.

He's a $250K 20th rounder which makes him interesting enough to follow, but not enough to know whether he's worth really watching next year. He certainly could get himself on the scene with a good year in Delmarva next year.