Minor League Coaching news

Legend_Of_Joey

11 hours ago, Frobby said:

Considering the Shorebirds’ success last summer, it’s a little surprising that Anderson is gone.   I wonder if he jumped or was pushed.   

I don't think how a team performs win-loss wise has a ton to do with whether managers are brought back. Anderson was one of the old school guys. 

The Dominican Academy guy now running low A? I kind of like that and what it might mean for promotions in our system. I am surprised that they let go of Anderson and (particularly) Jones. I thought he was on board with the new approach and I thought he had success.

Also, Buck Britton seems destined to take the big league job at some point.

7 minutes ago, LookinUp said:

The Dominican Academy guy now running low A? I kind of like that and what it might mean for promotions in our system. I am surprised that they let go of Anderson and (particularly) Jones. I thought he was on board with the new approach and I thought he had success.

Also, Buck Britton seems destined to take the big league job at some point.

Well, it appears that Elias is going to use his 20 round Amateur draft to go after mostly college guys and use the Dominican Academy to develop the High school age and younger talent.

The cream of the college draftees should be ready for High-A shortly into their first full pro series so Low-A will be mostly International players and the lower level/younger (20 year olds) college guys.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Melewski points out today that Delmarva is likely to have a large influx of International players this year.   That’s an additional reason why having Alou there will be helpful, to make those players comfortable.   Presumably they all know him.   

Discussion of the Dominican/Venezuelan players likely to get to Delmarva here:  
https://www.masnsports.com/steve-melewski/2021/12/delmarva-shorebirds-will-feature-an-international-roster-in-22.html

4 hours ago, Frobby said:

Melewski points out today that Delmarva is likely to have a large influx of International players this year.   That’s an additional reason why having Alou there will be helpful, to make those players comfortable.   Presumably they all know him.   

Discussion of the Dominican/Venezuelan players likely to get to Delmarva here:  
https://www.masnsports.com/steve-melewski/2021/12/delmarva-shorebirds-will-feature-an-international-roster-in-22.html

"First baseman/outfielder Isaac Bellony is 19 and from St. Thomas, Virgin Islands. Over 39 games, he batted .259/.360/.444/.804. He was signed in August of 2018 for $220,000."

Is the USVI exempt from the Rule 4 draft, or did Bellony change residences (like Lucius Fox) in order to be exempt from the Rule 4 Draft? It'd be really bizarre if the USVI were not part of the draft but Puerto Rico is.

On 12/10/2021 at 7:59 PM, CharmCityHokie said:

"First baseman/outfielder Isaac Bellony is 19 and from St. Thomas, Virgin Islands. Over 39 games, he batted .259/.360/.444/.804. He was signed in August of 2018 for $220,000."

Is the USVI exempt from the Rule 4 draft, or did Bellony change residences (like Lucius Fox) in order to be exempt from the Rule 4 Draft? It'd be really bizarre if the USVI were not part of the draft but Puerto Rico is.

He must have changed residences.   Here’s an example of a USVI player who was drafted: https://www.baseball-reference.com/players/b/blashja01.shtml

• Upvote 1