Melewski on Mike Baumann

wildcard

4 minutes ago, wildcard said:

You act like I am challenging your scouting ability and I am not.   I agree with what you have said about Baumann in the majors.   But because you look at videos I thought you may have seen Baumann at AAA.  I thought maybe you had some insight about why he did so well there.   All I got as an answer was that AAA hitters  are not that good.   Nothing about his stuff or command at AAA.   

If you didn't see him than you did not see him at AAA and that is all I wanted to know.   

Do you think it’s realistic to expect that he showed much better stuff in AAA, when his starts at AAA came right before his ML time?

He walked a lot of guys in AAA.  His K rate was good but not overwhelming. He didn’t give up any homers.

19 hours ago, wildcard said:

You act like I am challenging your scouting ability and I am not.   I agree with what you have said about Baumann in the majors.   But because you look at videos I thought you may have seen Baumann at AAA.  I thought maybe you had some insight about why he did so well there.   All I got as an answer was that AAA hitters  are not that good.   Nothing about his stuff or command at AAA.   

If you didn't see him than you did not see him at AAA and that is all I wanted to know.   

Wildcard, I explained that Baumann's stuff was the same in AAA as it was in the major leagues. Perhaps you missed that. I watched each of his AAA starts.

• Upvote 1