Left field at OPACY going through a big change

Sports Guy

18 minutes ago, SteveA said:

I hadn't heard he was doing any kind of reduced schedule?   I heard it was primarily him or Ben as color guys all season just like last year, with someone like Dave Johnson doing some fill-in work here and there but not much.

Ahh, for some reason I thought I heard he wasn't doing as many games.  Oh well, whatever.  It's not like I won't watch because Palmer's not on.  Whoever's on is whoever's on.

2 hours ago, interloper said:

That's so high up that you don't really need padding there. I wonder if it will be see through plex-glass or something? 

I hope not. This thing's already ugly, that would just make it look cheap as well, I think.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, NCRaven said:

It's just different from what was.  Don't really understand "ugly".  If it successfully makes the game more interesting (and we'll see if it does) then I'm all for it.

It looks to me like what it is - a change that has been grafted on (or carved out, I guess) to an existing layout. It has no natural flow with the rest of the park, it looks out of place. And not just because it's new (at least I don't think so....I am TRYING to be objective).

4 minutes ago, NCRaven said:

It's just different from what was.  Don't really understand "ugly".  If it successfully makes the game more interesting (and we'll see if it does) then I'm all for it.

Also, I thought the games were plenty interesting when the team was winning.

2 hours ago, interloper said:

That's so high up that you don't really need padding there. I wonder if it will be see through plex-glass or something? 

I'm pretty sure that's what's on the front of the gaps at our seats on the third level, just to keep it safe.  So would automatically be there for that reason?

• Upvote 1

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

Still not a huge fan of how the bullpen juts out but it does look a lot better now that it's done.

I like it adds some character to the dimensions. I've loathed the LF dimensions for decades and I'm glad to see they  moved the fence back in that area.