Orioles have a "major announcement" at 9am on Friday 2/18 at Camden Yards. (Update: McCartney concert announced)

OsFanSinceThe80s

15 minutes ago, Dr. Unk said:

I'm pretty stoked.  The one time I saw McCartney, I was sick as a dog, and supposed to be in the hospital.  Great time though, otherwise.

Cool hope you're able to go if McCartney does perform at OPACY. It could be any concert and it would be a letdown for me. They could have just phrased it "major concert announcement" instead of letting us wonder what's up. 

1 minute ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Cool hope you're able to go if McCartney does perform at OPACY. It could be any concert and it would be a letdown for me. They could have just phrased it "major concert announcement" instead of letting us wonder what's up. 

That would be too easy.  The city and the O's have to try to drum up some kind of positive spin, because....

40 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

38 minutes ago, Dr. Unk said:

That would be too easy.  The city and the O's have to try to drum up some kind of positive spin, because....

Considering the Mayor's participation, perhaps this is being framed as part of a broader "reopening" of the city, including relaxation of several COVID-related orders 

https://foxbaltimore.com/news/local/baltimores-city-hall-remains-closed-as-masking-and-covid-19-restrictions-roll-back

The Maryland House of Delegates met fully in person for session on Feb. 15. On Feb. 14, Gov. Larry Hogan announced that masking would not be required in state facilities effective Feb. 22; that same day, Baltimore County Executive Johnny Olszewski announced masking would end and so would testing for unvaccinated employees on Feb. 28. Tuesday, Anne Arundel County announced indoor masking in county buildings would end effective Feb. 22 as well.

But City Hall remains closed in Baltimore and the masking mandates remain in place. 

Not trying to veer into politics, just speculating why a concert series - if that's what it is - would be framed as a "major announcement" with the mayor joining a live announcement at the stadium

36 minutes ago, BohKnowsBmore said:

Considering the Mayor's participation, perhaps this is being framed as part of a broader "reopening" of the city, including relaxation of several COVID-related orders 

https://foxbaltimore.com/news/local/baltimores-city-hall-remains-closed-as-masking-and-covid-19-restrictions-roll-back

Not trying to veer into politics, just speculating why a concert series - if that's what it is - would be framed as a "major announcement" with the mayor joining a live announcement at the stadium

Ok that's a possibility. I mean there has to be more to it than just announcing a Paul McCartney concert. You don't need the mayor there for that.