Correa (Update, signs with Twins)

Yardball85

2 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

From what I remember, I think Pache is elite with the glove but there were concerns about the bat.  That's a big package to give up for a first baseman but he turns 28 later this month so they'll have him for his prime.   

He’s 4 years younger than Freeman.  Freeman probably getting 6-7 years at 30 per (that’s a guess).

Giving up an overhyped prospect with big upside and guys they can easily replace.

Its a smart move.  I envy fans of teams who are smart.

The Braves let their franchise player go.  Their fan favorite.  Their leader.  They just won a WS.  But they did what they felt was the best move for them and not be bogged down by fan emotion or sentiment within the front office.

And in Baltimore, we can’t trade Mancini because he overcame cancer or Mullins because he was really good for 1 year on a team that won 17 games.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, DrinkinWithFermi said:

I thought that did not kick in until next offseason, but I could certainly be wrong.

I am willing to bet that at least one fringe contender makes him an offer. The SP market is starting to get pretty thin.

Exactly my point ….Fringe is the key word. Would you prefer a team fighting for a wild card spot or a contender in need at the deadline. I’m certain that he can have an understanding with Elias.

18 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

He’s 4 years younger than Freeman.  Freeman probably getting 6-7 years at 30 per (that’s a guess).

Giving up an overhyped prospect with big upside and guys they can easily replace.

The Braves let their franchise player go.  Their fan favorite.  Their leader.  They just won a WS.  But they did what they felt was the best move for them and not be bogged down by fan emotion or sentiment within the front office.

And in Baltimore, we can’t trade Mancini because he overcame cancer or Mullins because he was really good for 1 year on a team that won 17 games.

Olson seems to be the type that'll be embraced by the Atlanta fans rather quickly.  He'll be a fan favorite soon enough, I don't think Atlanta worried about it too much from that perspective.

But agreed on everything else.  

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

Olson seems to be the type that'll be embraced by the Atlanta fans rather quickly.  He'll be a fan favorite soon enough, I don't think Atlanta worried about it too much from that perspective.

But agreed on everything else.  

Olson is from ATL too.

12 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Rooting for inanimate articles of clothing seems really boring to me, but different strokes for different folks I guess.

14 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

You and I are in agreement that we should be harassing the Marlins incessantly like a clingy gf about trading Mullins for some of their young pitching. The match is almost too perfect- Avisail Garcia is not an everyday CF by any stretch and the FA market is basically devoid of everyday CFs, and we need controllable pitching, which they have an abundance of.

17 minutes ago, waroriole said:

lol, I am not a pearl-clutcher on the whole chop debate but that is pretty funny.

13 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

Exactly my point ….Fringe is the key word. Would you prefer a team fighting for a wild card spot or a contender in need at the deadline. I’m certain that he can have an understanding with Elias.

Maybe, but not every guy is a fan of moving midseason, i.e. Adam Jones.

I just don't see any reason why we would want Greinke or why Greinke would want us at the end of the day. I'd rather sign a guy like Steven Brault, who is younger and comes with more than 1 year of control.

4 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

They do love their own down there.  

It's obnoxious to see well run teams make smart moves.  Being an Orioles fan is consistently being in a state of jealousy and sadness.

Maybe we could print some T-shirts with that.

29 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

They do love their own down there.  

It's obnoxious to see well run teams make smart moves.  Being an Orioles fan is consistently being in a state of jealousy and sadness.

We have a bunch of prospects that are all going to pan out. Plus, 65 wins is an upgrade. That's the beauty of setting the bar low.

• Upvote 1