Tanner Scott and Cole Sulser traded to Marlins

MurphDogg

9 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

That is very fair. I think we all agre Let me just put it another way. Let's say Kremer, Lowther, and Akin pitched to a 4.00 ERA and Tanner Scott figured out his control and put up a Britton '14 type of season. The O's are on track in July to win 70 games. Would Elias shut them down to ensure 60? Within the constraints stated above, I think Elias put out the best guys he could find. 

I don't think he would have shut them down.

He might have sold high on Scott and I honestly wouldn't have blamed him.  Depends on the offer.

13 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

That is very fair. I think we all agre Let me just put it another way. Let's say Kremer, Lowther, and Akin pitched to a 4.00 ERA and Tanner Scott figured out his control and put up a Britton '14 type of season. The O's are on track in July to win 70 games. Would Elias shut them down to ensure 60? Within the constraints stated above, I think Elias put out the best guys he could find. 

Scott would have been traded in this scenario.

Players and coaches, in any sport, never lose on purpose.  Its how the team is built.

15 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I don't think he would have shut them down.

He might have sold high on Scott and I honestly wouldn't have blamed him.  Depends on the offer.

Agreed, but the intention there would have been to acquire talent, not to move up in the draft order. 

59 minutes ago, Beysbol said:

I watched both pitch today for Miami and they did pretty well. Then Richard Bleier came in after Susler set the Giants down   1-2-3, and Bleier gave up a 2 run homer after Miami hit a 2 run homer the inning before. 

Love the avatar! Yep, scoreless inning for both Scott & Sulser

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, ChosenOne21 said:

This is looking like addition by subtraction even if Velez never gets it together

Agreed, and we don’t know who the PTBNL is yet either. The pick obtained is much more valuable than some think. 

4 hours ago, Jammer7 said:

Agreed, and we don’t know who the PTBNL is yet either. The pick obtained is much more valuable than some think. 

Yeah, the pick is nice, and Kevin Guerrero is a nice lottery ticket. 

I liked this trade a lot. 

• Like 1

Coors Field bit Sulser for four runs in 14 pitches the other day.

K-BB% wise they are at 18 and 15, which would put them both in the top tier of Orioles relievers with Bautista, Akin, and the rapidly fading Bryan Baker, who I hope isn't going all Cesar Valdez on us.    Both have double-digit K/9's, which I recall was something Ng was going for in the Marlins pen.

Baker K-BB% splits:

April: 29, May: 5, Season: 16 

15 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

Coors Field bit Sulser for four runs in 14 pitches the other day.

K-BB% wise they are at 18 and 15, which would put them both in the top tier of Orioles relievers with Bautista, Akin, and the rapidly fading Bryan Baker, who I hope isn't going all Cesar Valdez on us.    Both have double-digit K/9's, which I recall was something Ng was going for in the Marlins pen.

Baker K-BB% splits:

April: 29, May: 5, Season: 16 

Baker looks like he’s got some arm fatigue, maybe. I don’t see the hop on the ball he had.