Connor Norby 2022

Just Regular

1 hour ago, DoobyDoo said:

Just a small correction. His OPS at Bowie is .904. His OPS on the year between Aberdeen and Bowie is .797.

Oh wow. You're right, that's an important correction. Well that's pretty impressive, then. Norby looks like a top 10 prospect, honestly, will be interesting to see who Tony thinks fits in there in the top 10 between him and Ortiz (as Vavra will soon graduate), who continues to hit too. 

4 minutes ago, interloper said:

Are we (and outlets in general) sleeping on Norby? (Or maybe I just realized that I was...)

A .900 OPS in Bowie is nothing to sneeze at, and 15 bombs total for the year. We're so flush with infield prospects that it's easy to forget about the guy sometimes. 

If we are sleeping on Norby a little, it’s because 10 days ago he was hitting .229/.342/.386 at Bowie.  Over his last 8 games he’s hit .333/.415/.833.   So, we’ll see if this is a short lived hot streak or whether he can sustain his hot hitting as Cowser and Ortiz have done for about a 4-5 week stretch at Bowie.  But it’s certainly encouraging.  

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Frobby said:

If we are sleeping on Norby a little, it’s because 10 days ago he was hitting .229/.342/.386 at Bowie.  Over his last 8 games he’s hit .333/.415/.833.   So, we’ll see if this is a short lived hot streak or whether he can sustain his hot hitting as Cowser and Ortiz have done for about a 4-5 week stretch at Bowie.  But it’s certainly encouraging.  

Ah, that checks out then.

Side note: so far the first two rounds in each Elias/Ciolek draft look pretty solid:

2019: Rutschman and Stowers
2020: Kjerstad and Westburg
2021: Cowser and Norby

Aside from the unlucky start to Kjerstad's pro career, we're talking about all of these guys as potential MLers to varying degrees.

Interested to see how Holliday and Beavers stack up to this group. 

Edited by interloper

2 hours ago, RZNJ said:

I'm certainly rooting for Norby.  A prominent poster said the other day that all the picks after Cowser were a collection of garbage.  LOL

Come on, Connor!!!!!

Let's not bring your feud into every thread, ok? 

Everyone should be rooting for all of our young players to do well, whether they originally liked the pick or the player.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Tony-OH said:

Let's not bring your feud into every thread, ok? 

Everyone should be rooting for all of our young players to do well, whether they originally liked the pick or the player.

You would think so.

Edited by RZNJ

2 hours ago, RZNJ said:

I'm certainly rooting for Norby.  A prominent poster said the other day that all the picks after Cowser were a collection of garbage.  LOL

Come on, Connor!!!!!

Per usual, you are a liar, have no understanding of context and are obsessed.

I said they have collectively been garbage relative to expectations.  I’m talking about their performance. Not that the players are garbage.

I also said I liked Norby but he has been disappointing and when I made that comment, he had been. 

Edited by Sports Guy

2 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Per usual, you are a liar, have no understanding of context and are obsessed.

I said they have collectively been garbage relative to expectations.  I’m talking about their performance. Not that the players are garbage.

I also said I liked Norby but he has been disappointing and when I made that comment, he had been. 

Here's the exact quote without the qualifier about expectations.

I didn’t like the draft when it happened.  The players after Cowser have collectively been garbage and many were college guys.  You usually can tell early.