Connor Norby 2022

Just Regular

3 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Here's the exact quote without the qualifier about expectations.

I didn’t like the draft when it happened.  The players after Cowser have collectively been garbage and many were college guys.  You usually can tell early.

Yes..that’s what I said.  They have collectively been garbage.

Thats not a collection of garbage. There is a difference even if you can’t figure it out.

But keep trolling and lying.  Maybe you can make more threads about players who aren’t Orioles and put them in the incorrect forms because you have an obsession.  It’s really pathetic.

Edited by Sports Guy

6 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Per usual, you are a liar, have no understanding of context and are obsessed.

I said they have collectively been garbage relative to expectations.  I’m talking about their performance. Not that the players are garbage.

I also said I liked Norby but he has been disappointing and when I made that comment, he had been. 

2 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Here's the exact quote without the qualifier about expectations.

I didn’t like the draft when it happened.  The players after Cowser have collectively been garbage and many were college guys.  You usually can tell early.

Last time I tell you guys stop it with each other. Any more back and forth with personal insults you guys will get a break from the board. I'm tired of hiding off topic comments that derail the thread. 

1 minute ago, LookinUp said:

Nobody cares. 

Re: Norby, I suspect he’s a 2b only guy. The bat will have to be great for him to be an answer in Baltimore, but even if it isn’t truly great, he’s a really nice prospect with us or in a trade.

Definitely a tradeable asset.  Either him or Westburg, if you don’t think Westburg can play the left side.

1 minute ago, Sports Guy said:

Yes..that’s what I said.  They have collectively been garbage.

Thats not a collection of garbage. There is a difference even if you can’t figure it out.

Bur keep trolling.  Maybe you can make more threads about players who aren’t Orioles and put them in the incorrect forms because you have an obsession.  It’s really pathetic.

I'm going to spend the rest of the day trying to figure out the difference.   LOL

4 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Last time I tell you guys stop it with each other. Any more back and forth with personal insults you guys will get a break from the board. I'm tired of hiding off topic comments that derail the thread. 

Whoops!  That’s on me and was joking!  My bad!

50 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Definitely a tradeable asset.  Either him or Westburg, if you don’t think Westburg can play the left side.

I feel very confident in Westburg playing the left side. Probably not plus at ss, maybe not 3b, but should be serviceable at each.

53 minutes ago, LookinUp said:

I feel very confident in Westburg playing the left side. Probably not plus at ss, maybe not 3b, but should be serviceable at each.

When you think of Westburg defensively, think of Urias with perhaps a little more range and a little less arm.

1 hour ago, Sports Guy said:

If Westburg is “only a second baseman” , is Norby the better option?  Is Westburg the guy you trade because of his prospect status?

Westburg would not be untouchable for me. I think he's going to end up a good player, but I'm not convinced he's definitely the (pick an infield position) everyday long term start for the Orioles. Henderson is probably the 3B of the future, Mateo/Ortiz/Holliday are the legit SS options, Ortiz/Norby at 2B, Mayo could be 1B though only because Henderson will be the guy at 3B.

I'm not sure Westburg is better than any of them defensively at those positions or provide the power/OBP upside that they do.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Westburg would not be untouchable for me. I think he's going to end up a good player, but I'm not convinced he's definitely the (pick an infield position) everyday long term start for the Orioles. Henderson is probably the 3B of the future, Mateo/Ortiz/Holliday are the legit SS options, Ortiz/Norby at 2B, Mayo could be 1B though only because Henderson will be the guy at 3B.

I'm not sure Westburg is better than any of them defensively at those positions or provide the power/OBP upside that they do.

I could see them going with Henderson at SS until Holiday is ready, and then him sliding to 3b (when he'll also be a bit older, and probably have filled out more), with Mateo as a UI and then Norby and Westburg. I sort of want to see what Ortiz does at triple A before I start putting him in the lineup long term

1 hour ago, seak05 said:

I could see them going with Henderson at SS until Holiday is ready, and then him sliding to 3b (when he'll also be a bit older, and probably have filled out more), with Mateo as a UI and then Norby and Westburg. I sort of want to see what Ortiz does at triple A before I start putting him in the lineup long term

Just putting out potential everyday guys, no saying they should hold a position. As for Henderson at SS, he could stay there, but I think Hyde/Elias really like the defense Mateo is putting up there.  Now I'm not saying Henderson can't hold it down for a bit, just that Ortiz is the closest guy you'd be ok with playing there defensively longterm. 

If Holliday is the longterm SS, Ortiz would be a gold glove caliber 2B.