Connor Norby 2022

Just Regular

There was a time, not long ago, that Norby may have been viewed as the Orioles best prospect.  Now he probably isn't even the best 2B prospect.  This system is so deep right now and some of these guys are going to get traded.  I personally hope Norby is not one of them, I hope he starts at 2B for several years in Baltimore.

• Upvote 1

On 8/22/2022 at 3:38 PM, LookinUp said:

Seems like a Jeff Kent profile. He wasn't supposed to be a great prospect, but his bat carried him and his defense was solid enough. 

I don't think he'll be confused for Robbie Alomar, but being sure handed (if he is) helps.

Jeff Kent was almost as good as Alomar.  

• Upvote 1

Norby up to 7th in Eastern League wRC+ among Batters with 200 PA there this season.

https://www.fangraphs.com/leaders/minor-league?pos=all&level=0&lg=5&stats=bat&qual=200&type=1&team=&season=2022&seasonEnd=2022&org=&ind=0&splitTeam=false&players=&sort=19,1

FWIW, Fangraphs Speed score has him faster than everyone else ahead of him except....Gunnar Henderson.

On 8/21/2022 at 5:11 PM, justD said:

This isn't a report, and it's certainly SSS, but I pieced together some plays from the past three games against Somerset.  The last clip is more Ortiz than Norby, but since he was involved and had to receive the throw I included it.  

(Also because it's fun to watch Ortiz.)

This is excellent D! Great job compiling some video of his defense. From what I see, his hands and arm accuracy are fine, but he's got a little below average arm strength overall.