Roch on the possible MLB debuts this year

jabba72

What prospects debut in 2022 besides Rutschman?
There are so many factors that could prevent it from happening, like injuries and lousy performances. But we’re anticipating pitchers Kyle Bradish, Grayson Rodriguez, DL Hall and maybe Kevin Smith, along with outfielder Kyle Stowers and maybe outfielder Robert Neustrom and infielder Terrin Vavra. Outfielder Yusniel Diaz was barreling toward it until injuring his right hamstring Tuesday night

Interesting that Kevin Smith was mentioned, haven't heard anything about him in awhile, but im excited to see if all these guys debut. No mention of Yusniel Diaz or Westburg, who is playing like he'll be promoted soon to Norfolk. 

14 minutes ago, jabba72 said:

What prospects debut in 2022 besides Rutschman?
There are so many factors that could prevent it from happening, like injuries and lousy performances. But we’re anticipating pitchers Kyle Bradish, Grayson Rodriguez, DL Hall and maybe Kevin Smith, along with outfielder Kyle Stowers and maybe outfielder Robert Neustrom and infielder Terrin Vavra. Outfielder Yusniel Diaz was barreling toward it until injuring his right hamstring Tuesday night

Interesting that Kevin Smith was mentioned, haven't heard anything about him in awhile, but im excited to see if all these guys debut. No mention of Yusniel Diaz or Westburg, who is playing like he'll be promoted soon to Norfolk. 

I think anyone who is already on the 40-man roster and has a pulse probably has a chance of debuting this year, so it wouldn't shock me to see Smith called up as a bulk reliever once we burn out the rest of the bullpen with our 3-4 inning starters. Unfortunately his sudden case of extreme control problems that we saw last year continue (in a small sample size) with already posting a 6-3 BB/K ratio is only 7.1 IP. 

https://www.baseball-reference.com/register/player.fcgi?id=smith-012kev

2 hours ago, jabba72 said:

I missed the Diaz mention at the very bottom of Roch's answer. 3 OF's that could debut this year. Some trades could be in order. 

Glad you saw that. I agree with you about Westburg, btw. 

Was funny to hear the SWB Yankees announcer with glowing words of praise for Nevin tonite. You would’ve thought he was for sure the next guy to make it up. 😆

59 minutes ago, justD said:

Was funny to hear the SWB Yankees announcer with glowing words of praise for Nevin tonite. You would’ve thought he was for sure the next guy to make it up. 😆

Given the number Norfolk has town to the SWB Yankees the last couple days. the Yankee announcers are probably envisioning the whole team as all-stars 😛 

I like how all winter he has been on the prospects will come up and the team wont look the same by summer, and now here is he saying well they could easily not be up at all. it feels like all our local writers and elias seem to care about is keep guys down just so we can keep harping on the number 1 or whatever farm system. 

Unless someone is  injured they all need to be up

27 minutes ago, Orioles0615 said:

I like how all winter he has been on the prospects will come up and the team wont look the same by summer, and now here is he saying well they could easily not be up at all. it feels like all our local writers and elias seem to care about is keep guys down just so we can keep harping on the number 1 or whatever farm system. 

Unless someone is  injured they all need to be up

A Diaz injury, who could have predicted that?

4 hours ago, justD said:

I’m sure there was no family bias at all for their words. 

4 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

Any update on Adley Rutschman?  That has to be the triceps strain from hell for him to be out well over a month without any projected return to in-game action. 

There have been plenty of updates on Rutschman but none of them have projected a date for a return to game action.  

22 minutes ago, LookinUp said:

I just keep coming around to the idea that he is really underrated. On my personal list, I think he would now be above Henderson and maybe even Cowser just because of position. 

I’m not sure I can put him ahead of Gunnar because of upside but I do think Westburg is more likely to stick. 

And yea, i think I would elevate him over Cowser too.

I would probably go Adley, GRod, Mayo, Hall, Gunnar, Westburg right now.

3 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I’m not sure I can put him ahead of Gunnar because of upside but I do think Westburg is more likely to stick. 

And yea, i think I would elevate him over Cowser too.

I would probably go Adley, GRod, Mayo, Hall, Gunnar, Westburg right now.

Adley, GRod, Hall, Mayo, Westburg, Cowser, Gunnar for me.

And I really like Mayo and Cowser. I like Gunnar too and his upside could make him ultimately as valuable as anyone else on our list, but I don't trust the hit tool yet and the D isn't elevating him for the most part.

And Hall is electric. Man I can't wait until these prospect games are done with and they're just showing what they got in Baltimore. 

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, LookinUp said:

Adley, GRod, Hall, Mayo, Westburg, Cowser, Gunnar for me.

And I really like Mayo and Cowser. I like Gunnar too and his upside could make him ultimately as valuable as anyone else on our list, but I don't trust the hit tool yet and the D isn't elevating him for the most part.

And Hall is electric. Man I can't wait until these prospect games are done with and they're just showing what they got in Baltimore. 

I’m still dinging Hall until he is back pitching, showing command and staying healthy.

The reality is, in terms of upside, age, etc..I think a case can be made for Hall being the #1 prospect in the organization. 

• Upvote 1