The Mark Teixeira Watch part III

Dirtyburnie

If Tex is going to sign with Boston the local media up there certainly don't know anything about it. This Teixeira to Baltimore rumor made the front of the Boston Globe sports page.

I honestly think no one knows what is going on. Heck we don't even have a consistent agreement on what has been offered to tex. We probably won't know the truth until he agrees to a deal.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
IIRC Boras made something like 23-25 million a year :eek:.

I can't find the link to back me up, so someone can correct me if I am wrong.

Doing a little research, I found that he makes about 5-6% commission. He did on ARod's latest contract at least and an article I found from 2004 said that he was making 5% commissions. He made roughly $14 million off of the $290million dollar ARod contract.

Don't forget that he has a staff to pay but he still makes out pretty darn well.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Maybe the Orioles could trade Norby as part of a package to the Mariners to land a pitcher. I don't think the Mariners are going to be eager to part with any established veteran pitchers, but Elias might as well do his due diligence and ask.
    • If you start penciling in our top prospects into 2025 and 2026 lineups it starts to look stupid good. One of the problems with trading HUGE prospects for players with a couple of years of control is the price tag to keep them. So we have to pay a huge prospect burden just to pay a huge salary. A replacement for the prospect adds a cost and the extension of the SP adds a cost. Personally, I would hold on to the top prospects and trade from the rest. If I did trade a top guy I would want 3+ years of team control on that SP. But... if Bradish and Kremer are not hurt, we are not having this conversation IMO. We are adding a reliever or two and maybe a RH bat.
    • So if we're being honest he had one bad week, right? The last 7 days are included in the last two weeks.
    • The question was asked somewhere of the Rangers fans, whether they were fine with a terrible season this year if they won the World Series last season. The answer is of course yes it’s OK to have a terrible season in the year after winning a World Series, especially given that that’s exactly what is happening now. I would like to be the Cardinals or the Rays, who have an excellent team every single year, avoid stupid free agent contracts, trade wisely, spend wisely, and draft very well.  With that in mind, as long as as we don’t empty our Farm for rentals, or do stupid Davies-for-Parra trades in a “win everything this season and damn the future,” attitude, I don’t care. When the Jesuit missionaries discovered how to get quinine, which cures and prevents malaria, from the bark of the Chinchona tree, they always planted five trees, in the shape of a cross, for every one they harvested for its bark. So, whoever we trade, we have to acquire quality and quantity replacements for whomever is departing. With that guideline in mind, I don’t care who they trade.
    • Yes, because Bradish's sprain happened in the spring and they did the same thing. 
    • How many deals show a top-10 overall (in all of baseball) type prospect being traded for a SP. Now, look at the names of those pitchers and compare it to what is out there now. The Orioles may one day need to deal a top-3 guy in their system, but the return has to be someone like Verlander on Scherzer with at least 2 more full seasons of control after the trade deadline season is complete. I do not think there are 30 number ones in MLB, but I would need one to deal 6-seasons of team control at a premium position.
  • Popular Contributors

• Popular Now