The Mark Teixeira Watch part III

Dirtyburnie

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Am I the only one who thinks that we lack the depth that Tampa had? For us to get to that level in 2 years all 3 of the pictchers and Wieters will have to pan out. Sorry to be a downer but...

What we lack in prospects, we have the resources to make up in FA. That's the biggest difference between us and the Rays. We have to make good decisions (better than Skanks or Sux) but we can be big time players.

My fault' date=' I was referring to his Texas contract. I think it could easily be close to that, which is unfortunate and great at the same time.[/quote']I don't think they'll go much over $20M if its a 10-year deal. If its an 8-year deal, I could see them going to the $23-24M range.

Still, adjusted for inflation since then, its really not even in the same ballpark.

ARod makes $30M a year, plus his contract is front-loaded making it more expensive, so no, we're not getting very close to it.

He also signed a 10 year 250M dollar contract before this prior contract. That was ARod money, so I guess if a Tex deal approaches that, it could be considered ARod money. Now ARod obviously is a far superior player, and at the time was playing a premium position, not 1B. If Tex gets 25M a year over 10 years, I'd consider that "getting very close" ARod's salary.

Archived